These Hearts – The Inconvenience

By Brandon J. on September-4-2012 | Filed under Lyric Video | Tags : , , , | Share

Check out the new lyric video from These Hearts for their song “The Inconvenience”, below.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

57 Responses to 'These Hearts – The Inconvenience'

1. Ryan Campbell says:

The chorus is SO catchy… it’s just a shame that the screamo portions of this band is consistently terrible. I would love for them to take a hint from Set It Off or even ADTR. There may be hope for this band…but it’s not going to be with this release.

2. Iaya97 says:

For what it’s worth, this is the best These Hearts song I’ve ever heard.

3. Rob G says:

Stopped listening when I heard “There’s a monkey on your back…” Just terrible everything

4. this song reminds me a lot of the great commission newer stuff

5. David M says:

So bad. So so so bad. I wish I could play God
    for a day and convince this band to stop. Seriously. How is this even likable when so many bands do it better? I mean, the singing is awful and the screaming just sounds like he’s trying to be tough (and failing). Musically, I can’t tell if they’re obsessing over Attack Attack or ADTR. meh. I love catchy music but I don’t see the appeal here. Never have.

• thruchristalone777 says:

You reviewed their previous album last year didn’t you? In your opinion have they improved at all since then I’m just wondering because this song is just plain terrible. Even the lyrics are horrible…

• David says:

Yes, I did, and I wouldn’t say they have. For every good thing you can say about this song, it still is awful, in my opinion. It’s like comparing one deadly disease to another. One may kill you less quickly, but in the end, there is no logical reason any sane person would be happy about having it.

• Steve says:

PAIN….. the F-bomb is the first word that comes to mind

• Steve says:

if only I could say I’ve never paid for their music. FAIL

• thruchristalone777 says:

@David, haha yeah I get what you are saying. I was going to say that I don’t think this music could kill anyone, but then I saw that this song gave Taylor cancer down there↓ so I suppose anything is possible… :P

6. Mason says:

I wish they would join A Plea For Purging’s “Quit Your Band Tour”

7. Drum_mer says:

Wow. This is awful. Lyrics suck, vocals suck, just not good at all.

I understand These Hearts isn’t popular around here, but honestly I think the bashing of them has just become predictable and annoying. As a site made up of mainly Christians I think it’s a bad witness to aimlessly tear down and say how awful a band is. In the last These Hearts thread when we were all joking around at the band’s expense a guy named Sam (who turns out to be a DJ for RadioU) posted, and I quote:

“What a kind community this is…”

For some reason that really convicted me. Even if it’s Rebecca Black or Design the Skyline we’re bashing, is that the impression we want to give off? Especially since IVM is a pretty well established site within Christian media. Would we not give this site a better name if we were a bit more positive or at least more constructive in our critiques? Thoughts??

• Silent Music says:

I totally agree with you, Lucas. The dissing is cliche, cheap, and frankly … disrespectful. And to be honest, I myself am guilty of making fun of bands that I don’t like. Not this particular band, but I recognize it’s something that I need to work on. I don’t listen to These Hearts music, but they seem like pretty cool guys to me! I bet their music has been an encouragement to other people, which is dope! After I make an unnecessary remark about an artist or band (usually Top 40 stuff) I think to myself “Would I actually say that to their face?” Of course I wouldn’t, I’d feel like a complete loser. We should be treating others with the utmost respect, no matter how much our tastes may differentiate.

• Zac says:

I agree to some degree. I don’t know, because really, my opinion is that this is some of the worst music I have ever heard in my life. And I think I’m free and ok to express that, being that it’s my opinion.
      It wouldn’t be a community if we buried our true thoughts and lied through our teeth.

That being said, bands are open to praises and the exact opposite.
      I’m torn because I can agree with what you say, but I also have no problem saying that this pop/screamo/crap is truly awful.
      If what they write is meant to bring glory to God, then I can bash their music as much as I please- however, I can praise them for having good intentions, and using a “different” outlet to give it to God.
      However, seeing these lyrics, everything is horribly generic.

• David says:

You guys suffer from pragmatism. “If it works, it must be right.” In every season of life, we see this: hair metal, grunge, metalcore, and now this. Also, just because you’re a fan doesn’t mean everyone else has to be and I mean, I know for a fact no one here is insulting the people and their integrity/character. However, as a musician, I understand that people aren’t going to like your music and that’s the way it goes. This music is atrocious and I have seen numerous garage bands that could play circles around these guys. So. Have fun liking These Hearts but don’t act like we are slandering them. We just don’t like their music and don’t understand why people do. At least I sure as heck am confused.

• David says:

And once again, talking about someone’s musical project is much different than them as a band. Sure, it’s their “creation” or whatever you want to call it…their baby… But if that’s the case, maybe they should take more time to at least have musical integrity. My issue has never been the genre. It is the songwriting and the actual musical quality. I tried to like them. I do. It’s just awful. For those people who like them because of who they are as people, that’s great. I’ve heard nothing but great things about ‘em. The music is still bland and I can’t wait for the new BTBAM album.

• Silent Music says:

I don’t enjoy this band’s music though. Haha. The main point that I wanted to get across was that we as people rarely understand the effect that our words may have on others. Constructive criticism is good, but there is a point where criticism can become rude and slanderous.

• fusse says:

I think to say that These Hearts isn’t popular here is off. It just seems that only the people who don’t like them, comment. And so therefore, it seems that they are hated beyond.

The fact that they are featured on this site tells something about the owners of the site: the band is accepted and posted about. What people voice in comments is not an official IVM opinion.

9. Silent Music says:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with not liking a certain genre or band, and yeah for sure, expressing it is good. It’s just when the negativity gets directed towards people (like the band members or their fans) that I have a problem. Or even when a band is referred to as a “Garbage Band” … I wouldn’t want someone referring to my music project as that. I’m okay if they don’t like it, but that kind of stuff tears down a person’s confidence.

• Totally agree with you, Silent Music! Not only does it tear down confidence, it shows a lack of Christ-like behavior that bothers me.

• David says:

Then my thought is: write music that you can be confident in, even when people hate it. My old band’s review got pretty low/medicore scores, but that just inspired us to write better, not cry about it. If all we do is voice “nice” opinions, then it gives them the impression that people are happy with the content, which a lot of us obviously aren’t. I’d be willing to give them a chance if they kicked out the singer and wrote better music. Read my review for the album. It’s not a matter of not trying; it’s a matter of understanding so many bands do it better and it is SO discouraging to see These Hearts get publicity and money when good bands (von Wolfe, anyone?) have to break up because they get passed over.

• David says:

Correction: my old band’s debut album* Their newest album kicks tail.

• David says:

And the whole “lack of christ-like behavior” schtick gets annoying. Truth is truth. Maybe we shouldn’t say anything about ANYTHING. I’m sure we could find plenty of stuff in your life that isn’t christlike. but what would be the point there? Christianity is about more than our actions and a personal sense of morality.

Later.

• Sooo at least say it in a loving way. No excuse–ever–for rude or unkind words.

• Silent Music says:

I make Electronic music by myself, and I’ve had my share of lousy reviews. You’re right, criticism can help artists to improve. I can even say that it’s helped me. But to say that a band should call it quits seems a little unnecessary. That’s not offering constructive criticism, that’s just underestimating what this band has to offer (not saying that you said that though, because you didn’t). I’m not here to say that anyone needs to enjoy this band. My main point is that there is a constructive and professional way to critique a band, and then there is a sloppy and hurtful way to do it. Peace :)

• Silent Music says:

Sorry if it came across as though I were trying to diss anyone. Not my intention at all, my apologies if I did though :)

• Zac says:

David, agree with everything you said

10. ryannkunst says:

keep in mind they are developing, usually takes an artist around 3 albums to find their sound, they are almost there.

11. Derek O. says:

They are improving. Which is always a good sign to see. Like the change to the cleans for sure.

12. John says:

One thing I’ve learned over years of Interneting is that when an online community has a lot of negativity it makes everyone else feel unwelcome and eventually leads to the community’s downfall. If people come here and leave with a bad impression it’s a good sign that we need to be more careful.

• Iaya97 says:

I wouldn’t say that IVM has very much negativity at all. Quite the opposite, actually. Everyone is entitled to say that a song is bad, and as long as there is not any personal attacks everyone should be able to voice their opinion. If a band member sees a negative reaction, then yeah, it might make them sad, but that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be mature about those reactions and accept them as others’ opinions. Look at Brandon Ellis from Rocky Loves Emily and his comments when people say they don’t like RLE’s stuff; he is a great example of being mature and considerate of others.

13. fusse says:

I’m saying it down here too:

14. drum_mer says:

^^Phil Metalhead saw this coming.

15. Tyler says:

now while some of you say these guys suck, i have to disagree they can play one hell of a live show and thats all that matters to me and the lyrics arent as bad as you think they are there is far worse… like far more worse, but this song to me was ok to me

16. David M says:

Just listened to this song again today. I regret my decision.