Stand Your Ground – Betrayer/Deceiver

By Brandon J. on October-13-2012 | Filed under Lyric Video | Tags : , , , | Share

Check out a brand new lyric video from Stand Your Ground featuring their new female vocalist, below. The track is titled “Betrayer/Deceiver”.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

30 Responses to 'Stand Your Ground – Betrayer/Deceiver'

1. Bryce says:

This borders on unbearable.

2. Ty says:

Liked most of the music. The breakdown at the end sounded forced and made me question all the guitar tones. Also, the call out response part felt forced. feel like a decent mix of misery signals and Shai Halud.

3. Sam says:

Not bad. I feel like there could have been more variety in the vocals, maybe some background singing on the chorus to make it stand out more. Other than that, I really like the lyrics and the melodic instrumentation, just my kind of hardcore.

4. travis says:

not a big fan.

5. Phil Recognition says:

i was super critical of this band before Brandi (who i’ve known for a long time) even joined them. i think this is the step in the right direction with her as their vocalist, not sure if i’ll ever be a fan of theirs again though

6. sam30 says:

The thing that bums me out about a lot of hardcore is the lack of craft to lyric delivery. You can have a decent voice, but if your phrasing never varies, I’m gonna lose interest really fast. Definitely not talking about bringing in singing or anything like that, but vocalists that just lay back in the beat get old…

7. Ethan says:

Wow. I like it, except for the vocals. So whiny and stagnant. Sorry guys, not a fan.

8. travis says:

ill take your trapped under ice for Misery signals The Year summer ended in june

9. these guys have played in my town. theyre an ok band, but i dont think they are Christian. anyone else know?

10. epicarson says:

I feel a little bit of a Take It Back! comparison with the vocals, which makes me miss them. So for that reason I like it.

11. Justin says:

I agree with Sam and David about the phrasing. Kind of boring. But other than that, I think the vocals are great. I remember Flee The Seen being compared to Bryce’s assessment of whinyness. But hey, obviously not for everyone. You’ll either love it or hate it.

12. ParkerloveJesus says:

Sounds like Redeemer with worse vocals. This type of music has been done so many times. Unoriginal.

13. fusse says:

To me this is alright. Not bad… nothing special. Decent. But if you do a lyric video.. please check the spelling :D (lonliness?)

14. Daniel says:

We are christians in a band. :) Writing lyrics about real life situations and things we’ve gone through together as a band and also as individuals. We don’t exactly market ourselves as a christian band the way we once did. We’ve got through a hundred member changes and equally as many changes in our sound through the years. To the people who hate it, i thank you for giving it a listen and giving your opinions! for the people that enjoyed it, i’m beyond stoked!

As far as song structure goes, we really wanted to put something out that would stick with you, and that by the end of the song, you could be mouthing the words along with brandi, so that is why we moved in this direction and will have other songs with a verse/chorus kind of feel to them. Other songs will be more true to our past with parts that don’t repeat as many times, and aren’t as predictable.

Musically, it has been done before, but we put our own spin on things. If any of you have been following us, you’ll know that we’ve been doing this for years and years. At this point, we’re trying to do something as marketable as we can, without totally selling out. I’m 27 years old and don’t have a lot of time left to spend touring, so we’re trying to put out something that can pay the bills and allow us to keep doing what we love doing AND actually make some money doing it.

love to everyone, if you have any questions feel free to message me personally or our band’s facebook. I can’t promise i’ll respond to this thread as i don’t check it on a daily basis, but now that i saw all these comments i may try to check back in.

Daniel
    SYG

Exclusive: Harbor and Home Music Video Premiere

Exclusive: The Beautiful Discord Music Video Premiere

Exclusive: BoughtXBlood Releases Music Video for “Restoration”