ivm

The Incomplete List of 2018's Rock Albums and EPs

By in News | 9 Comments

Finding a rock album in 2018 feels like searching for a needle in a haystack of hip hop. That’s why I’ve done my best to collect all of the rock, alternative, indie, metal, and punk albums I’ve come across in 2018 into one list for you. It’s far from complete (especially when it comes to heavy albums) but hopefully you will be able to find at least a few albums and EPs you haven’t heard yet. Enjoy! (Oh, and feel free to contribute more to the list in the comments!)

Note: I left out quite a few re-releases and acoustic albums from this list.

Drop Some Words of Wisdom

9 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Tommy
Tommy
December 10, 2018 2:56 pm

“Chasing the Light”By Forever Endeavor!! We just did our CD release show with Names Without Numbers!!

Daniel J
Daniel J
December 9, 2018 4:41 am

I’m not sure if all the following artists are Christian, and some would fall more into the ‘folk’ genre, but I though these deserved a mention:

Andy Gullahorn – Everything as It Should Be
Archabald – Carcosa
Breakaway – Ignite [EP]
Dan Conway – Northernness
The Gray Havens – She Waits
Josh Garrels & Josh White – Resurrect Our Love [EP]
Mark Lee Townsend – 1919: The Ballad of Rexford
Samecity – Lowlands [EP]
Voyagers – Cave In [EP]
Beartooth – Disease

Brandon J.
Admin
December 9, 2018 12:29 pm
Reply to  Daniel J

I’m so dumb I didn’t even realize Voyagers had their Ep out. I need to give it a listen along with the Josh Garrels and Josh White ep

Nicholas
December 12, 2018 6:20 am
Reply to  Brandon J.

I just listened to it, then immediately picked it up from Bandcamp. Really good stuff! The way they build up to the chorus in the title track is quite original. I hope they can gain some traction from this.

Christopher Adam
Christopher Adam
December 8, 2018 7:32 pm

I own some that weren’t on that list 😀
Convictions – Hope For The Broken
Darkness Divided – The End Of It All EP
Dreaded Dale – Wayward EP
Enoch – Killing Starts Where Hate Begins
The Hearkening – After Dark
Lifelong – Revive The Masses
Rapture LAHC – Unburned
Rivers & Robots – Discovery

Noah Hardwick
Noah Hardwick
December 8, 2018 8:00 pm

I might have left out a few worship albums like R&R as well. I was working on several genre lists including a worship one, but I’m doubtful I’ll complete the others. There are just too many worship releases.

Marco Leal
December 8, 2018 7:08 pm

Whoa, Noah! That’s quite a list! I’ve got just a few to add to it. They’re as follows: Not Beneath “Memento Mori”, UntilWeDie “S/T”, Broken Graves “You Won’t Have Us” Voyagers “Cave In”, Where Fire May Fail “Destroy” EP, Living Water “S/T” EP, The Eagle & Child “All Moments”, Amor Oceanico “Axioma” Dreaded Dale “Wayward” EP, Preach It Ray Ray! “Seven Stars” EP, At Your Worst “Lament”, GOD “GOD III – Holy Spirit”, Meadows “In Those Days & Also After, Pt. I” EP, Skapaltata “Nada Que Perder”, Threnody “This Loss Is Love” EP, and Thin Ice “Misery Noose”. These albums… Read more »

dcg
dcg
December 8, 2018 6:11 pm

hopesfall- arbiter. album of the year for me

Graham Wall
December 13, 2018 7:53 pm
Reply to  dcg

I just listened to a sample … doesn’t sound much like “No Wings to Speak Of” which is all that I know from them.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x