I wasn’t really sure how I was going to do my “best of” list this year. I was considering breaking it down into genres similar to what Casey did. Or splitting my albums and EPs into two lists. Or just doing my top 10 list like I normally do. In the end though I decided to take a page out of Josh Balogh’s playbook and go big. So here the first 25 of my top 100 album and EPs of 2020:
100. Eikon – Soundtrack For Isolation
Perfectly released in mid-April.
99. Man Cub – Impressions
With multiple songs featuring SVRCINA . . . foreshadowing?
98. Inspiration Worship – Deeper
97. Acceptance – Wild, Free
A long fall from 2017 . . .
96. Anchor & Braille – Tension
95. Christ Church Manchester Music – To You
94. Willow Stephens – All That Glitters
A glittery pleasure.
93. Harbor & Home – Hold On To Love
92. Whitacre – Seasons
91. Mission House – I Heard A Song I Couldn’t Ignore
I like the songs on this album, but I’m not a fan of the mastering.
90. The Rocket Summer – Bee Sides: Select Rarities 2015-2020
89. Jerry Fee – Against The Grain
90’s covers anyone?
88. Fang Fang – Fang Shui EP
87. Nathan Vincent – Cedar And Pine EP
86. Jamie Barnes – Ex-Voto
85. Mantric – False Negative
An album I want to like.
84. Thad Cockrell – If In Case You Feel The Same
83. Lion of Judah – The Antidote EP
82. Knox Hamilton – Weekend Yet EP
81. Vacation Club – Always Or Never EP
80. Kevin Max – Revisiting This World
It’s worth revisiting.
79. Illumination Project – Birds & Lilies EP
Fans of Kings Kaleidoscope should give this one a shot.
78. Kings Kaleidoscope – Power Perfect. EP
Speaking of . . .
77. Benjamin Daniel – Shaping Season
76. Dens – Taming Tongues
This album deserves to be ranked higher, it was just a little too heavy for my tastes.