Drottnar – We March

By Taylor C. on October-13-2012 | Filed under http://www.essc.unt.edu/index.php?406 Reaction Paper On Critical Care Nursing.

Check out the new music video from the infamous black metal band, Custom Writing Desk. . The song comes from their album Stratum, which was released today.

About the author Taylor C.

"I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter." —T.S. Eliot View all posts by Taylor C.

20 Responses to 'Drottnar – We March'

1. Love these guys! But they won’t go anywhere in the Christian scene without breakdowns or autotuned “clean” vocals.

2. thruchristalone777 says:

Sweet!

3. http://ypc.yale.edu/custom-homework-on-books/ Custom Homework On Books. says:

Wow, this totaly came outa nower 4 me, but im glad 2 c these dudes r stil alive, kikin+ putin out new stuf!! Altho i thot “WELTERWERK” was a bit of a let down compared 2 ther first 2 eps, im digin this trak+ hopefuly this new album wil make up 4 it. I also thot “WELTERWERK” was a concept album wit the military themes n all, so i dont get y they r continuin that theme now, unless this wil b “the look” of the band from now on?

4. no man! Welterwerk was a huge step forward! First 2 releases are also great! Love this new song!

5. Mokey says:

Welterwork is one of my favorite cds of all time. This song seems like progress even on top of that. I’m so stoked to check this out!!

6. Kyle says:

I’ve listened to a fair share of black metal, but this is just odd. I don’t really understand their intentions with all of the breaks. Maybe it’s the drums, but I don’t like the stopping and starting. They sound talented though. What makes them “infamous”?

• Taylor C. says:

The fact that you don’t understand them.

• Kurtis says:

Taylor, that makes no sense, even as a joke… Do you even know what infamous means?
      adjective
      1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.
      2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.
      3. of or pertaining to offenses involving such deprivation.
      I doubt Kyle, or myself, not understanding their stylistic direction is what, if anything, makes them, infamous.

• Taylor C. says:

It can easily make sense as a joke. (You might want to look up “joke” in your dictionary as well.)

But yeah, I know what the word means. Words like “infamous” or “notorious” are often used to extravagantly describe things that aim for an “evil” image, things that are unpopular due to their basic qualities (black metal, death metal, etc); thus, they can be “infamous” without actually being responsible for robbing your grandma.

• Kurtis says:

Not that it matters, but if the lack of understanding was in regards to them or their image I would have gotten the joke but in regards to an odd song structure, that has no meaning to the title infamous. I know you we’re kidding, I just don’t get your joke… Oh well. In regards to your explanation as to why the word infamous may have been used, that makes sense, good answer. Thanks!

• Kurtis says:

Oh, and robbing Grandma, hahaha hilirious!

7. Kyle says:

Yeah, as far as the genre is concerned, I have no confusion or lack of understanding. My question was more like, “Have they done something to cause them to be deemed infamous (other than being a Christian black metal band, which I think to be quite normal)?” If they at one point did, in fact, rob my grandma and had changed their ways, then I’d be intrigued. But when you have bands in the genre of black metal that murder one another and set churches on fire, I expect that infamous would be used in some other way, that’s all.

8. Shane McKnight says:

Really like this. First thought was that the vocals were like Benea Reach or Mantric, then realized they were from Norway and thought “well that makes sense…”