Memphis May Fire Announces Release Date For “Unconditional” Album

By Shawn H on January-26-2014 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

Memphis May Fire Announces Release Date For “Unconditional” Album

Memphis May Fire will release its new album, Unconditional, on March 25th via Rise Records. Check out their Final Studio Update below.

About the author Shawn H

Canadian with a passion for music, technology & social issues. View all posts by Shawn H

10 Responses to 'Memphis May Fire Announces Release Date For “Unconditional” Album'

1. skelly says:

Looking forward to this release.

2. Christian says:

I’m really excited for this. I’m especially looking forwar to the vocal and lyrical aspects of the album.

3. Chandler A. says:

Hahaha I was dying for the first three minutes

4. Luke Foster says:

Boy I’m not sure about this theatrical and mature thing they’re talking about. Honestly I just kinda wish they would go back to their Sleepwalking sound, but hey, I’m still pretty excited.

• MrM says:

No thank you, please keep all southern elements away from Memphis May Fire.

• Luke Foster says:

Thats your opinion, I know a lot of people though that think that their first ep and album were the best. I kinda agree with this but the sound they do now, generic as it is, is done very well.

• ^^ Yeah. Their new sound is very solid, very tight; but not anywhere as fun or original as Sleepwalking and the self-titled. I’d be stoked on them going back to that sound, but I’m still into the new stuff.

• Alastair says:

I’ve read interviews with the dudes, and they’ve said they won’t go back to that sound because that really wasn’t them. Matty came in right before recording Sleepwalking, so he didn’t help write any of that music, and some of the lyrics were already written as well. This is the same for their bassist, cory. He came in right before recording sleepwalking and most of it was already written. Drummer and rhythm guitarist have only been on since the between the lies EP, which marked the change in sound, so they weren’t part of the southern sound at all. The only consistent member is their lead guitarist, Kellen. So really, they only have 1/5 left of the band that wrote those southern influenced songs. Safe to say they won’t be returning to that sound because they aren’t even the same band anymore.

5. MrM says:

The Hollow was perfect for me, Challenger was really solid, I’d preorder this in a heartbeat

6. Ostyn Farmer says:

Unbeliavably pumped for this. I also think the southern sound should stay in the past. These guys have the “Post-hardcore” sound down pat. The Hollow and Challenger were both amazing. Hoping they don’t go soft like many of their peers (BMTH, Sleeping with sirens, Of Mice&Men)