Pillar Announces Reunion & Releasing New Album in 2013

By Shawn H on October-27-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , , , , | Share

Pillar Announces Reunion & Releasing New Album in 2013

Pillar has finally announced that they will be getting back together & will be releasing a new album in 2013. What you think of the news?

About the author Shawn H

Canadian with a passion for music, technology & social issues. View all posts by Shawn H

55 Responses to 'Pillar Announces Reunion & Releasing New Album in 2013'

1. Sam Fischer says:

This is not at all exciting. I think their time came and went.

• Michael Masunas says:

Sam For The Love Of The Game was the last album to have Mike and Lester, and it was the best album they ever did. Confessions doesn’t hold a candle to that album or them. There time is just starting, far from over. That’s like saying Skillet is over. Not even close.

• Zac says:

Skillet is over. Radio generated crap is what they put out now.
      That being said, maybe this can be a good album. Confessions was very meh

• Zac says:

Sorry, i don’t mean to sound bitter. I just really hate skillet. Haha

• Smacky X says:

Hate Skillet as much as you want- saying that they are “over” is ludicrous given the commercial success of their past couple albums. They are experiencing the opposite of what people typically mean by “over.” And I say that as a guy who impressed with how many generic radio-hit wannabe filler tracks they’ve had lately. (Although I wouldn’t agree with anybody who says that there’s no good music on the past couple albums either.)

• Smacky X says:

*who isn’t impressed…

• Zac says:

Yeah, obviously their career isn’t over- the exact opposite in fact.
      I meant, skillet’s time for anything remotely good from them is over. They are a christian nickelback.

As for pillar, I have no idea what they were thinking with confessions. Secrets and regrets was really good, but that was pretty much it.
      For the love of the game, and the reckoning were really good albums. So After one bad album- I think they have the ability to put out a good album.

• Smacky X says:

Yeah- I am not going to be easily convinced that Pillar’s time is just beginning or is far from over. In the flipside, I will withhold judgment before declaring them “over.” But I am not incredibly hopeful after their last three albums (my favorite of which is “For the Love of the Game”)

• Joel stands says:

Shut up jerk yes it is good for them can’t wait

• Andy Barry says:

This new stuff is great as well as other albums man come on! Pillar’s back!

2. lester & noah arent original members. they were a part of the best incarnation of pillar, but they weren’t there from the start.

3. Cool. I just hope its mor along the lines of ther first few albums tho.

4. username says:

I hope that it is better then confessions.

5. drum_mer says:

I agree with sam fischer, their time came and went.

6. Kevin says:

Pillar is one of the best Christian rock bands out there. The line up getting back together put together 3 great albums and the one in 2013 will rock! Awesome news for the Pillar Army

7. dean says:

yeah, best record was Fireproof and Where Do We Go From Here? that was it.

8. Iaya97 says:

Honestly thought they had disbanded a few years ago. For radio friendly rock, I like Pillar, but have really only listened to a couple of their songs.

9. When did they break up…?

10. Jeremiah Holdsworth says:

I honest would love some above album pillar back when they did rap/metal/rock.

11. KeithX says:

I played the heck out of Fireproof back in the day. Nothing they released after that got near the same number of spins, although I kept hoping. Maybe, just maybe…

12. Luke Foster says:

Meh, I liked wdwgfh and fireproof a lot and i actually really liked the progression they showed on reckoning. ftlotg seemed to just be a bad attempt to go back to their roots imo and lets not talk about confessions. Hopefully this will be at least decent

13. DT says:

I feel like I shouldn’t think that logo with the lightning is cool, but I do.

14. Ryan Campbell says:

Yeah buddy!!!!

15. Benn Varghese says:

I don’t know about you guys but I’m stoked to see these guys back to their full potential. From all the bands from childhood, (this version) of Pillar is one of the few bands I still respect for their musicianship and faith even though my taste in music has evolved significantly.

Check it out:

16. jake says:

I’ll give it a listen, if it’s heavy I’ll buy it, if it’s not, then at least some poor fool will.

17. gerald mullins says:

you guys are crazy… Skillet is amazing! and every album Pillar has came out with is amazing…. including Confessions ha

18. Hail says:

I am so happy to hear this I just found pillar and started to like them and then to hear they’re playing music again is just awesome

19. Ben G says:

Pillar is releasing a lot of inside material they have been writing on their Youtube channel ( Pillartv) It’s freakin’ sick…Their new album is going to be incredible

20. Ben G says:

For those who want more inside scoops on Pillar’s new album: Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9_xur7GmFo&list=HL1367192921 ) Noa)h and Lester rocking out for the first time in 5 years; new material they are jamming to, and a new 40 second clip of a new song at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4VxQTLGGA&list=HL1367192921 ( Rob explaining a Pillar song idea and an inside scoop on lyrical content)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOcFGPDio2g&list=FLDcKGFgoOFfitHRq2Hd-sZQ ( Noah shows off new riff)

21. Travis says:

They should only play songs from their first 2 records and that’s it.

22. Travis says:

That i can actually only stand their first 2 records.

23. Andy Barry says:

Pillar back together is really great. I’ve heard all the new clips they have shared with us and honestly, I think they are great, just like the other albums. And I’m not just saying that cause I like Pillar. Cause again honestly I’m a RED and Skillet fan, but reall RED’s new album doesn’t sound like them.. I don’t like it, and Skillet’s new stuff isn’t heavy enough for me like I remembered Skillet to be. But I do like these new riffs Pillar is coming up with. They sound allike the other albums. We all have our own opinion, but for me, Pillar is coming back with more great music. :)

24. seth says:

Pillar will always put out good stuff as long as these four members are together. Don’t forget that when lester and Noah joined pillar is when one of their best albums came out (fireproof). And just because a band doesn’t have an amazing album every time, doesn’t mean that their over. In that case, skillet would be over because so far from what I’ve heard, from their new singles, isn’t that great compared to the other past singles. But we all know, nonetheless that skillet is a great band. Because of john coopers talent skillet will always have good music. Some of it will be great and some just decent but it will be skillet. So you never know when a band will put out some of the greatest music ever heard out there. This pillar album sounds sick from what I’ve heard on pillar TV. Could be their best album…

25. Nate B says:

From all of what I have heard from sneak peeks, I honestly believe this album will be one oftge best hands down…the best I’d say. My favorite album of theirs to date is WDWGFH but I have a good feeling this will bebetter…not to mention musically they have more experience too..I am super stokked for this album, I think u guys r in for a good surprise lol

26. Ryan says:

So I am not one to think Pillar is old news. I didn’t like most of their old stuff…. However, some of their new stuff I think is going to raise the bar for hard rock in the Christian music scene and possibly the secular scene as well. My personal thought is that this album is going completely shock everyone!

27. Cole slaw says:

Pillar has gotten me through the ruff with there music I can’t wait for them to come back its been way too long

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+