Sufjan Stevens – Mr. Frosty Man

By Brandon J. on October-26-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , , , , , | Share

Sufjan Stevens – Mr. Frosty Man

Sufjan Stevens has a new claymation inspired video for his new “Christmas” themed song, “Mr. Frosty Man” and you can watch it below. Warning: It’s gorrrryyyyy! His new Christmas themed album “Silver & Gold: Songs for Christmas Vol. 6-10″ will be out November 13th.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

16 Responses to 'Sufjan Stevens – Mr. Frosty Man'

1. Iaya97 says:

I love this video so much. Claycat is awesome as well. Thanks for introducing me to this Brandon, it really helped me procrastinate on schoolwork last night.

2. DT says:

Never heard him before, so I’m not sure how I feel about the song… but the video is the best since Raging Rudolph/The Reinfather. Awesome.

3. Lol, nice. But i always thot of sufjan as mor of a “psudo- Christian” artist, kinda like pedro the lion. Anybody else can feel free 2 corect me if im wrong in my asesment, lol.

• Godzola says:

I prefer the term staying true to themselves as an individual, as opposed to homogenizing to contemporary christian culture.

• Quincy says:

If there’s any culture personality I like to follow, it’s Sufi.

Sufjan Stevens is an artist, and, from his constant return to Christian themes (even when his label doesn’t pay him to talk about them) and the things he says during interviews, I wholeheartedly believe he is an earnest Christian.

No reason not to post about him on this site, as it is supposedly about “faith and entertainment from an independent perspective” — not “making faith and music into a scene with its own boundaries as defined my mainline evangelicals”

Bazan used to be a Christian, but now had made it clear that he is not, as per him “cursing his branches.” Though I think that his Chrsitian experience, positive or negative, is probably a good thing for some people to hear. Not too huge into him, because it just gets me down and bummed.

Sorry, that’s just my ranted reflections. I get a lot of inspiration from Sufi. Here’s a Christmas original of his, give out privately to friends and family in 2008, and rerecorded and to be released on this year’s new Christmas boxed set:

4. KeithX says:

Interesting. Doesn’t seem like the video goes with the song thematically, but loved it anyway.

5. So gory. But really well-done…for what they were trying to accomplish.

6. So good and yet so gross. Wow. Really complicated emotions.

7. Godzola says:

yeah, not what I was expecting from a soofjaan video.

lml,

8. Tim says:

Not often a music makes me laugh out loud and then makes me want to cry. Brilliant. Best for a long while.

9. Justin says:

Haha!! This is amazing. :D I have Sufjan’s last Christmas set. I gotta get my hands on this one.

Can’t wait for this album! Been spinning Illinois a lot lately. Definitely one of my top 10 albums of all time.

11. Taylor C. says:

1) Turn off the volume on this video.
    2) Push play on this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqlNQE0uQ8
    3) Watch this video
    4) ???
    5) Profit

Exclusive: Harbor and Home Music Video Premiere

Exclusive: The Beautiful Discord Music Video Premiere

Exclusive: BoughtXBlood Releases Music Video for “Restoration”