Love and Death – The Abandoning

By Brandon J. on October-25-2012 | Filed under Lyric Video | Tags : , , , , , | Share

[Update: Lyric Video for the song posted below] Check out a brand new Love and Death song titled “The Abandoning” which is streaming over at Loudwire here. The group’s new album “Between Here & Lost” will release on November 19th through Tooth & Nail Records. Pre-order the album here and get an instant download of this song.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

23 Responses to 'Love and Death – The Abandoning'

1. Brandon J. says:

I hear a lot of Korn in this song.

2. MrM says:

Liked it a lot. And I’m okay with lots of Korn influence. Perhaps Korn just had Brian “HEAD” Welch influence? Haha

3. Chris Evangelista says:

Breaking Benjamin-influenced I gotta say! It’s all good!

4. Smacky X says:

Love it

5. calends says:

Wow. I had no idea that BHW was in a Tooth and Nail band. Does anyone ever get scared for new Christians in the industry? There’re so many shady dealings and non-Christian things going on.

6. Tony Takach says:

Hes a Christian

7. Wow, only 8 new trax? Realy? I thot the songs on the “cemicals ep” wer only 4 that release, aparently i was wrong, lol. This new trak is ok, but im less stoked about the album now that i know thers 3 old songs on it.

8. What I don’t get is why the band didn’t get picked up by a major label. This material so far has been pretty strong in comparison to stuff other hard rock bands in the general market. And obviously, they could capitalize on Brian’s legacy and evangelistic appeal to youth kids. Maybe he just wanted to keep it as Christian-friendly as possible?

• Legacy, meaning by how he helped pioneer the nu metal genre in its origin.

• Brandon J. says:

Well Tooth & Nail is sort of a “major label” considering their ownership stake by EMI. I mean they still have that independent spirit but their distribution is worldwide. I am sure this is a good fit for Brian and his band. I mean honestly, what other Christian indie label can sell 1 million copies of albums in their catalog? It doesn’t happen too often.

9. mr. zer0 says:

Cannot wait for this album…Deciding on whether to pick up the physical or go digital…Ehh, both.

10. Iaya97 says:

I like this song. Some really good lines here, too – I like “Don’t give up on me now, cause that’s what I’ve already done.”

11. jason says:

This is better than any single Korn’s put out since Head left

12. Shane McKnight says:

So ready for this.

13. albertaboy says:

Guess I am the only one who turned it off right away.

14. earthseedz says:

Go view BHW’s video at the “I Am Second” site. He is very much a Christian.

15. adrem says:

BHW is a Christian. He was with a Korn a very addicted drug user. Then God came into his life. He quit drugs and Korn. Then he wanted to do music again. He made his first solo album called Save Me From myself. A year ago he officially started his own band.

You should really read his book called Save Me From Myself.

Exclusive: Jeremiah Daly Music Video Premiere