The Letter Black Streams New Single

By Brandon J. on October-19-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , | Share

The Letter Black Streams New Single

The Letter Black have released a new single, ’Sick Charade’. The track is exclusively streaming on revolver mag. [Thanks Username]

I am 35 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and have no plans to quit anytime soon. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonivm ) View all posts by Brandon J.

17 Responses to 'The Letter Black Streams New Single'

1. silentthunder89 says:

I’m not too huge on the song, but its about freakin time it was streamable somewhere. It’s been on radio I dont know how long, and it’s FINALLY getting an official release.

2. Iaya97 says:

This is about as meh as it gets.

3. JoshIVM says:

Certainly sounds better than any new Flyleaf stuff I’ve heard.

• Iaya97 says:

Really? I disagree completely. Music was boring, generic hard rock, and the vocals for the most part were as well (except for the screaming, which I liked). Lyrics, again, are super generic. Flyleaf has a much more unique sound, Lacey’s vocals are interesting, and their lyrics are a million times better.

• Smacky X says:

Nail on the head Iaya!

• Lee Brown says:

I mostly agree. Flyleaf has gotten less and less edgy for me since their EP. This song is not groundbreaking, but it is good and heavy. I hope this is the pattern they stay with going forward. I’m ready for this band to be better than they should be.

• Lucas says:

Speaking of Flyleaf…Lacey has stepped down as lead vocalist. Some of the saddest music news I’ve ever heard. That girl helped me through some hard times..

4. Luke Foster says:

That was pretty terrible, not gonna lie

5. MrM says:

Whole song was “meh” for me, except the chorus… Took on a different tone than I was expecting, surprised me and I kinda liked it. Oh well. Typical The Letter Black

6. Zac says:

This band joins the ranks of skillet, and everyone on the radio for the most meaningless lyrics. Completely generic just like the previous album.

• Bryan Walker says:

If you have ever spoken to the band personally and heard their story this song makes complete sense. They played at out youth camp this past summer and this song targets bands that use the “christian” label to sell records (hence sick charade) without actually knowing or truly meaning what they say. Their actions and lives do not line up with the call. I have mad respect for these dudes because even if their lyrics aren’t “deep”, at least they mean what they say.

7. JahWarriah says:

So much hate for this song. Yeah, it’s nothing groundbreaking, but come on guys, cut ‘em some slack. They’ve never been known as a “ground-breaking” Christian hard rock band. They’re just your typical run-of-the-mill Christian hard rockers, and there’s nothing wrong with that. That being said, I enjoy this song and look forward to hearing the rest of their new record slated for release next year. I’m not a superhuge fan, but I will definitely pick this up.

Was really hoping for an improvement over their last stuff. Not so much… :/

9. Sam says:

Maybe I’m just nuts, but I think this song is definitely a step up from their last album and more in line with their Breaking the Silence work – more agressive and metallic, less AOR-y like new Skillet tends to be. The lyrics are also not as teenager-y as they were on their last album. Still not perfect, but I’m hearing a definite increase in maturity.

10. Brad Trussel says:

I think people are too jaded these days. Even when great songs with deep lyrics (like this one) come along, it still comes off as “meh” to the jaded who have “heard it all before” Not everything has to be super indie, out there, or just different for the sake of being different. mumford, adele, goyte are all praised for being unique and deep when in fact it’s just more about their style that was unique than anything. For a rock song, Christian or not, this deals with all the hypocrites that I personally have to deal with everyday. We’re suppose to fall in line and not make a fuss, but sometimes just calling them out for who they are and what they are ignorant liars who prey on the attention of others.. if you don’t relate, then cool. but by no means does your personal lack of connection make this song “meh”. It’s one of my favs in any genre the last few years. It even comes off as political. It just hits home. Heavy, meaningful, and doesn’t try too hard to be something it’s not. To me, it’s just real, and I have mad respect for that. My two cents! Wasn’t a fan of this band UNTIL this song! Now I am. – BT

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+