Matt & Toby – What Plays in My Head

By Brandon J. on October-16-2012 | Filed under Lyric Video | Tags : , , , , , | Share

Check out the lyric video from Matt & Toby (of Emery) for their new song “What Plays in My Head”, below. The band’s self titled debut will be out November 20th on Tooth & Nail.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

13 Responses to 'Matt & Toby – What Plays in My Head'

1. fusse says:

This album has the potential to climb very high in my top of the year list, but too early to say. Gotta wait for the full album.

But I’m already convinced that nothing will kick The Classic Crime – Phoenix off of the number 1 spot.

• Brandon J. says:

Yeah, Phoenix is an awesome album. For me personally, “For the Glory” by OC Supertones is going to ride high on the year end list for sure. Such a great album.

• Lucas says:

TCC is one of my favorite bands, but Phoenix hasn’t hit me fully yet. I need to go back and give it a few more good listens.

• Iaya97 says:

I’ve been trying really hard to get into Phoenix, but I just can’t. I love TCC’s earlier stuff, but something about Phoenix is just keeping it from clicking with me. I’ve been wanting to review it for a while now, I just can’t until I figure out what is bothering me. I think it has to do with the production. Anyway, this Matt & Toby song is phenomenal.

• Lucas says:

I think it might be the production for me too. All the songs sound very good but they’re also pretty similar sounding which is making it a little harder to get into. But I felt the same way about The Everglow when everyone was raving about that and now it’s one of my favorite albums of all time. Just took a while to hit me..

I’m so excited for this record. Will definitely be an end of the year favorite for sure!

3. I’m absolutely new to their/this project. The sound and style is to similar to Emery. Why aren’t they doing this on an Emery album, or is this just a side project and Emery is still on the go?

I like it, just got questions.

4. Chuck says:

Exciting news! I don’t know whether I like their softer side or harder side better… both have their strengths I guess!

5. Brandon J. says:

I have listened to this whole album and it’s real mellow stuff. Like Emery-lite. I love it. I can’t wait to have this album in my hands.

6. jthejust says: