Stream New Anberlin Album

By Brandon J. on October-11-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , | Share

Stream New Anberlin Album

Thanks to Josh R for this news submission. You can stream the brand new Anberlin album “Vital” over on KROQ (Los Angeles) Radio Website here. Thoughts?

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

49 Responses to 'Stream New Anberlin Album'

Unbelievable.

2. Daniel says:

I started to listen, and then I paused it and was like “I gotta listen to this with headphones on!”
    Loving it so far!

3. tommy says:

I’m liking it a lot more than their last album so far. I’m might have to pick this one up.

4. Iaya97 says:

Honestly don’t know how I feel about this. Much of it is very good, even great, but many songs kind of meld together. They might have overdone it with the electronic effects.

5. Luke Foster says:

I have to admit I listened to the last track first which by the way is brilliant. The rest of the album is just as good

6. jthejust says:

Fantastic album! My favourites keep changing as I listen over and over. One thought: Stephen Christian + Christie Dupree is a match made in vocal heaven. Listen to “God, Drugs & Sex” if you don’t believe me.

7. Not bad, reminds me of “citys”.

8. brian says:

I would like to get the vegas odds on:

a) A kickstarter campaign
    b) Reunion tour

9. Pretty darn, good. Has a a bit of their old vibe, with plenty of newness. :D

Let’s play a game and see how many haters post their distaste for this album?

10. Josh20426 says:

Through 7 songs I can say that this is easily their best effort since Cities, in my opinion. I’m not sure if it will top Cities, but I haven’t gotten to the last two songs which people are saying are the two best.

11. Thank you, Aaron Sprinkle, for producing another solid album. :)

12. Zac says:

Aaron Sprinkle knows how to make an album as amazing as possible.
    So far, I’d give it a 4.

1 or 2 songs I don’t really care for, Intentions and Desires.

But still very good.

Does anyone else think the downloadable b-side is just as good as any song on the album? It’s actually one of my favorites

13. Ryan G says:

Loving the album, but to be honest “God, Sex, and Drugs” is probably my least favorite of the “epic closers” *runs and hides*

• Lucas says:

I understand that. I think it’s a fantastic closer, but it doesn’t scream “EPIC” like past closers did. Musically it’s most certainly my favorite next to “(*Fin)”. Vocally it’s easily one of my favorite Anberlin songs of all time. That falsetto near the end? And combined with Christie DuPree’s vocals? One of the best things I’ve heard all year.

• J Holcomb says:

No need to hide man. I’m getting tired of their epic closers, but G, S and D was better than I expected. Miserable Visu is a horrid song.

• jthejust says:

Totally agree with Lucas about the vocals. Breathtaking.

• Ryan G says:

what if I told you…that I like Miserabile Visu? (*cue Morpheus from The Matrix meme*)

• J Holcomb says:

then you were right when you said “*runs and hides*” now SCRAM!

• Zac says:

Regarding that song, I think you have to look at that song from a deep lyrical standpoint, because it is a lyrical masterpiece.

I took days and weeks assembling the meaning of the song, and made this video explaining it a long time ago- check it out

• Lucas says:

“Miserabile Visu” is a fantastic closing song, but coming right on the heels of “Younglife” and “Haight Street”…I mean…what? The last four songs of that record make no sense as a sequence. And I like them all very much. It’s just the odd mixture songs that keeps me from going back to NS as much as other Anberlin records. Now as far as Anberlin closers go:

1. (*Fin)
      2. God, Drugs, and Sex
      3. Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen
      4. Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum)
      5. Depraved (love “Dark”, but it’s too short)
      6. Naive Orleans

What does everyone else think?

14. Brandon J. says:

I just found out that my wife and I are going to see Anberlin with The Smashing Pumpkins on Sunday night. I hope Anberlin has their new CD for sale ;)

15. Zac says:

Does anyone think it’d fit perfectly if Ryan Clark guess vocaled on “Type Three?”

Got my copy of Vital in the mail today. This stream does not do the album justice. I had it playing in the car and each and every song sounds huge. This could be album of the year for me and it’s been a fantastic year.

Future Ideas For IVM: Album/Artist Database