Addicts and Animals to Air on Animal Planet October 20th

By Brandon J. on October-10-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , | Share

Addicts and Animals to Air on Animal Planet October 20th

Animal Planet will be airing a new program titled “Addicts and Animals” which will feature Phil Aguilar and family as they help addicts kick their drug habits with the love from Man’s best friend, dogs. Phil Aguilar is a pastor and leader of the “Set Free” movement that also included a hip-hop group of the same name which were his sons. You may have seen Phil and family on several episodes of G-Rock over the years.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

40 Responses to 'Addicts and Animals to Air on Animal Planet October 20th'

1. tommy says:

interesting, indeed.

2. Jane says:

God Bless as Pastor Phil brings more lost souls to Christ!!

3. Kenny P says:

Pastor Phil. I see you….doing wut u do best HELPING People. I am who / what I am because I met a Real JESUS when I met you at Set Free. Thank you for showing Me the way and taking a liking to me. My Mom, my new wife & family THANK YOU so Much….If the folks you are Helping get half of what I got outta meeting you & your Family, what a Blessing. HELLO to everyone of you. It’s been years but I will never forget you all….again thanks for Helping Me & So Many Others !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Kim says:

I love love love your show Mr.Chief!!!I am a recovering addict.And I would love to seriously help these young people!!!!

5. HELENA AKA YO~YO says:

OMY GOSH I WAS CRYING SO UPSET I MISSED THE FIRST EPISODE !!!! OPASTOR PHIL IVE KNOWN U FOR OVER 30 YRS./..PLZ HELP ME GET A HOLD OF DA FIRST SHOW….DARN MESSAGE ME OKAY LET ME KNOW GOD BLESS…..AWWWWW I WAITED SO LONG TO SEE MY DAUGHTER…FEELS SO BAD SHE ASKED FOR A RIDE TO DAYTONA… SHOULDB OF RECORD DUH…….LOL…YUR SISTER IN CHRIST….

6. Sara estrada says:

It was amazing seeing this show I hope there is more

7. Sara says:

I hope to see more love it

8. Lidia says:

I just wanted to say you guys are doing a good job. Everyone deserves a second chance and what better than someone who has been there and has changed.

9. sandra levitan says:

Both my daughter and myself really enjoyed this new show. We live with 5 dogs, and completely understand the logic behind this project.
    Hope this continues………..

10. ash and cliff says:

HI. MY BOYFRIEND AND MYSELF ARE VERY ADDICTED.WE HAVE TRIED COUNTLESS REHABS OVER THE YEARS WITH NO LASTING SUCCESS.CAN YOU HELP US PLEASE?

AN YOU HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES PLEASE? WE ARE DYING INSIDE!!! THX CHIEF.

11. Smacky X says:

I would just like to acknowledge the incredible alliteration in the headline to this news

12. Smacky X says:

I’ve also never seen so many people confused about what site they are on posting in an IVM thread

13. kim says:

I saw the show 10/20/12,It really hit home my son is an addict,been in 4? rehabs,headed to new one in November,i hope it works this time.He has stolen money from all of us,stolen antiques from my husband so many things i cant even begin to list them all.Sometimes I wish he would just go away,the last 8 years have been a living hell,I know I must sound like an awful parent and i feel awful for saying it but I, we really cant take anymore,I wish he could come to you and maybe he could be saved.He really is a good kid [26] when he has his- uknow what together.sincerely,a sad parent

• Roxanne says:

I appreciate everything your saying Kim, my son sounds just like yours, although he didnt steal antiques, but did take credit cards, cash and what ever else he could for money. My son is 22 and finally came to me for help just 3 weeks ago, said he’s been addicted since 19.. I had no clue so i feel like a terrible parent for being stupid and not seeing the signs. Anyway, I took my son to set free treatment center the very day he told me, I knew of the center/program from friends. I am extremely impressed with the program and how personalize it is. Its a loving and caring atmosphere and not sterile like some places i researched. My son is doing great and I have confidence he will succeed. I believe my son will make it there, plus he came to me for help, that was a big step for him.. My heart and prayers go out to you.

14. Steppingstone says:

Working in a residential treatment program I found your program simply awesome. I would love to see more as would many of my coleagues who haven’t even seen it.

15. Roxanne says:

I saw the show and found it to be very encouraging, I hope there’s more to come. With having my son in your program Chief, I greatly appreciate all you do and im so grateful he has you on his side. Thank GOD for people like you who really care… God bless you

16. ash and cliff says:

Left a msg for Chief a couple of days ago. Hoping and praying to hear back soon.Our souls are thirsty for love,and we are struggling so bad!!! God bless

17. I just wanted to thank you for the proram which you have come up with for addicts. I watched a program last week called addictions and animals with the program director’s name was Chief. That show made me think that I recently got out of a relationship with an addict, I even took his dog away due to knowing he could not take care of it, after that program it made me thing that would be the best theraputic aid that could help a addict. So 2 days ago I took him his dog back to him and since that he has her back, his whole outlook on life has improved tremendously and when I was backing out of the driveway, my grandson told me to look at his face, and I could just see the joy and the glow which he had on his face. Your show inspired me very much and I hope that all of you that keep this program going and also add more of these programs, the streets might not have half the addicts walking around on the streets. Thank you for all that you to help these addicts because someone needs to help them and show them that there is a whole lot better world out there then just staying loaded all the time. We were only given one life so why should we destroy what was gave to us at birth. Thabk you again for all the hard work and keep it up. GOD IS ON YOUR SIDEAND WILL ALWAYS BE THERE RIGHT BESIDE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elizabeth Bernier Sayre Oklahoma Bernier

18. nicholas says:

Roseanne, JJ is.

19. nicholas says:

Roxanne, JJ is.

May I see that this is easily one of the strangest threads I’ve ever seen in my time here at IVM.

21. xwritingonthewallsx says:

ummmm okaaaaayyyyy.

22. alisha Sachs says:

Well I think u do a wonderful thing with thee people.. my husband is sitting in prison right now for drinking and unable to control his alcohol. Wish he had some one to help him out like u all…

23. Steve smith says:

Help me ! I need your help before my addiction kills me and I need to be here for my kids!

24. lilchika says:

dear pastor phill , i was watching your show and i find myself watching other shows about addicts, the reason for this is my daughter has been an addict for at least 11 yrs , she has been in jail many times and prison once , she now is in a program called kpep. this program is a good program but it dosent give her the the help that she really needs . my daughter needs to learn that there is a time in your life to take the responsibility for your actions . she has many issues in her life that she needs to deal with but dosent know how to , so when times get tough she turns back to the drugs. i love my daughter more than life and i know she has it in her to do good in her life but needs someone like you to help her see this . pastor phill if there is anyway you can help my daughter i would be forever greatful , i know she has it in her . so im asking you to please help me save my daughter from living the rest of her life in prison or death .

25. Shelly says:

I wuz lucky enuff 2 have a few xtra mins in my busy day 2 watch ur program! God bless u 4 doing wat u do 2 help both the addicts and the animals that u do!! I myself am a recovering crack addict . I used 4 27 yrs and have, by the grace of God and my own determination, been clean for 7 yrs! 2 the recovering addicts I wanna say PLZ do whatever u have 2 to stay clean becuz the life u will have and the many wonderful blessings will b absolutely amazing! I couldnt ask 4 a btr life helping others living with the disease of addiction, the animals that I help and being a Mom, wife sister Nana and friend. Good luck 2 all of yas and keep up the good work! Will b a fan of u all 4ever!!

26. Desi says:

I can’t wait to see more!

27. BOSTON says:

Thx to chief and the grace of God I have my life back.chief took me in d did something for me that nobody cudi Thank you chief luv ya brotha God bless.He has shown me things that I never realized in my life and took me in as one of his family and showed me that he cares.Thanks to Trina and pastor Turtle and thx to Cathy my only True love who held my hand and showefd me the way.I will always be thankfull and consider you as my family.God bless