The O.C. Supertones “For the Glory” Samples Up On Amazon

By Brandon J. on October-8-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , | Share

The O.C. Supertones “For the Glory” Samples Up On Amazon

Check out 30sec samples of all the songs on The O.C. Supertones album “For the Glory” right here on Amazon. “For the Glory” is out November 6th on BEC Recordings. SKA SKA SKA!

I am 35 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and have no plans to quit anytime soon. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonivm ) View all posts by Brandon J.

9 Responses to 'The O.C. Supertones “For the Glory” Samples Up On Amazon'

1. Smacky X says:

You aren’t making my commitment to not listen until I get my kickstarter copy any easier, vile tempter!

• Brandon J. says:

haha ;) I still haven’t heard word on when Kickstarter backers will get their copies. Hopefully it’s still two weeks before the release date. I have listened to the stream a bunch of times already and I am ready to have my own copy that I can spin in the car.

• Smacky X says:

Yeah- I checked out your “first listen” of the album. That whet my appetite and made me that much more excited for the album but that’s as close as I’m going to get to trying to sneak a listen- even though I hear talk about them releasing another single soon…

2. Brandon J. says:

The band have added another show to their November schedule. They’ll now play November 8th in Phoenix, November 9th in Pomona, CA, November 10th in Santa Ana, CA., and November 11th in Bakersfield, CA. I also hear some other shows are being planned in other states. https://www.facebook.com/events/286515291458278/

3. Chris says:

I’m a little surprised that the band didn’t change its name after FIF called them out on “Blue Mix”.

This will have to be really good to beat The Insyderz’s “The Sinner’s Songbook”, but it just might accomplish it.

• Smacky X says:

Yeah good call- they should have changed their name based on unsubstantiated rumors about the band who allegedly “called them out” yet posts publicly on kickstarter and talks in other public venues about the friendship between the two bands. I TOTALLY expected a name change after that! So surprised!

4. Chris says:

“Blue Mix” was released in 2001. If the headlining band mentioned wasn’t the Supertones, who could it have been? I personally don’t care at all. If I like this album, I’ll gladly buy it and if the song is about them, it doesn’t reflect who they are now. That’s why I was curious about it.

I didn’t know the band personally, but – based on encounters people I know had with some of the (former?) members in the mid-90′s – it seems to me that they are a much more mature band now, sonically and intellectually.

It doesn’t bother me if they did have a big mark-up on shirts and did mess with other bands’ mixes. People change and grow up. Mojo seems like a nice dude. They’ve already switched names once, from Supertones to O.C. Supertones.

5. Smacky X says:

First off- it could have been any band that FIF ever toured with up until 2001- or no one specific band.

Regardless of that point, I can’t wrap my mind around the point of the name change comment. I mean-and I am asking this seriously- did you actually mean it when you said that you were a bit surprised about them not changing the name? Because I don’t get it at all- do you think the Supertones are worried about some widespread and tarnished reputation, and that a name change would help? (Again- I am asking this sincerely) I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a band that has changed their name because someone has openly talked smack about them, never mind a band changing their name based on a cryptic song with no mention of them, from a relatively obscure (in the big picture of music industry) band.

I think it was just such a random comment (that i cant make sense of) that raises negative speculation based on rumors. It straight up confuses me…

Side note:The Supertones have always been the “O.C. Supertones” (it’s in the title of the first album)- the two names have just always been used interchangeably. Before they did the ska thing a bunch of them had started a band called “The Saved” but they changed their name when they changed their sound.

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+