Stephen Christian & Billy Corgan Interview

By Brandon J. on October-4-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , | Share

Stephen Christian & Billy Corgan Interview

Stephen Christian of Anberlin and Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins do a joint interview together which can be read right here. Anberlin’s new album “Vital” is out October 16th.

I am 35 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and have no plans to quit anytime soon. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonivm ) View all posts by Brandon J.

12 Responses to 'Stephen Christian & Billy Corgan Interview'

1. jthejust says:

Interesting interview. I like how Stephen and Billy questioned each other.

2. That photo of both of them “together” was LOL.

3. Luke Foster says:

Really cool interview, even though im not the biggest smashing pumpkins fan, billy seems like a really cool guy.

4. Zac says:

There’s a reason why no matter what anberlin puts out, it wont beat´╗┐ cities, or songs like paperthin hymn. That’s because, people who love those songs, have loved them since years ago when they came out.
    Those songs meant so much that they’ve become icons, or symbols of those reminiscent memories, they become more than songs.
    So while this Vital release may prove to be a very good album, people will still feel something missing.

Thoughts?

• jason says:

“cities” is it for me. it’s a perfect record. it encompasses everything that was good about their previous albums incredibly well, but also expands on them. everything after has fallen short, in my opinion. so, you’re question was really good now that i think about it lol

• Smacky X says:

I’ve never gotten or bought into the “________ will always be my favorite album” while a band is still putting out albums. I understand sentimentality and emotional connection, but I think we should give the bands we love (and maybe those we don’t) with a mind open to the idea that each new album might be their best yet. I’ve always found it sad when I talk to people who “wish they could go back” to another season of their life because they don’t believe they’ll ever find the same amount of joy, excitement or whatever. I think we project that type of expectation onto bands and create a self-fulfilling prophecy when we go in with some sense that a past album can’t be touched by whatever they put out.

All that being said, Cities IS still my favorite of theirs to this point, although “Dark is the way…” was a great release!

5. Smacky X says:

…we should give the bands we love * a chance* with a mind open…

6. DT says:

Stephen Christian: “Billy summarized it best. I think this generation of musicians is more defined by what they hate than what they like.”

Wow. I don’t know if he intended for it to go both ways, but I think that goes for listeners, too. I’m a hater when it comes to one genre (No, not rap or country). I know others who are ready and willing to hate everything. What they love one week, they hate and completely disown the next because of a new backing vocalist. There’s little capacity to appreciate anything new that they aren’t in control of as a listener.

I do witness some of these people suddenly loving bands they once openly hated without having ever given them a real chance. It’s a sad embarrassing cycle of eating crow. Being a hater/”hipster” in that regard is an embarrassment that is apparently worth it for them. I think there’s a better way to do life when it comes to the arts.

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+