Facedown Announces Everything In Slow Motion

By JoshIVM on October-3-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

Facedown Announces Everything In Slow Motion

Facedown Records have finally announced & released material from Everything In Slow Motion, which is a new project from Shane Ochsner of Hands. You can now purchase digitally or get the vinyl (only 330 available) here. Listen to 2 new songs below.

39 Responses to 'Facedown Announces Everything In Slow Motion'

1. SJatcko says:

Woo Hoo!! This is awesome!

2. Luke says:

Thank you for putting these things up! I Love Hands and this stuff is great. I wish more people could here this! Every time I listen to Give me rest or even well listening to this stuff, its so honest. We need more music like this out there!

3. Smacky X says:

Am I the only one that read the headline and lamented at the inefficiency of Facedown deciding to announce everything in slow motion?

4. ParkerloveJesus says:

I listened to both tracks and I love them :)

5. Justin says:

Weird that this is tagged as metalcore. This music, and anything previous by Hands, has never really been metalcore. They’ve always played an expression of post-metal, in the vein of Neurosis, Cult of Luna, or Isis. All that said, this single is absolutely amazing. I’m loving this. :)

6. Brandon J. says:

I am going online right now and buying these songs. I loved Hands especially The Sounds of Earth album and this reminds me o that record. I support Shane and his music endeavors. They won me over with this!

7. Ty says:

Defeater meets Hopesfall?

8. Taras says:

Enjoying the new song Red. Sweet release.

9. thruchristalone777 says:

I am liking this a lot!

Chills from both songs. Sounds like the natural progression from Give Me Rest. Incredible.

BUT JUST TWO SONGS?!?! Is there a full length planned anytime? :)

11. fusse says:

Mewithoutyou! no but that’s what I thought first.

BUT. HUGE FAN ALREADY.

12. Ty says:

I think I’m going to trat myself to this for being smoke free for 3 weeks.

13. Kevin says:

I’m pretty excited about this.

14. Taras91 says:

I why wonder he just didn’t release it under the Hands band title? I know they disbanded but why go under a different alias and build up everything from the start? Just curious.

• Lucas says:

I’m sure it’s a “Hands was OUR thing” situation if you know what I mean. I think if I was in a band and everyone left but me I might change the name. Maybe not, but I don’t blame him. BUT I will say this is definitely Hands in terms of sound. And that. is. AWESOME! :)

• The response above is pretty much correct. We (Hands) have been innactive as a group for quite a while. Shane wrote and recorded the majority of ‘Give Me Rest’ on his own and wanted to keep doing music in that vein. I wanted to start focusing on guitar/vocals instead of drums and had started doing more of an alternative rock thing with my new project Glower. I told Shane he could keep doing Hands on his own if he wanted but but opted to start a fresh project and let the Hands era end with the original members intact. He was very gracious about it. No bad blood or drama whatsoever. I couldn’t be more stoked for this new project of Shane’s and he’s been very supportive of my new endeavor as well. Rock and roll brothers till the day we die. Haha.

• Lucas says:

Josh, thanks for the insight! Hadn’t heard of Glower yet but just checked out your page and “Spectra” sounds awesome! Glad everything’s going so well. So psyched for new music from both projects!! :)

15. Mostly boring with some decent spots.

I dig the album art.

16. Justin says:

With only two songs, I still think this is the best Facedown release of the year.

17. evan144 says:

Pre-ordered. This is so incredible!!! Exosphere is chilling!

18. Shane McKnight says:

I can’t stop listening to these 2 songs over and over.

19. Jonathan says: