The O.C. Supertones Release New Album Via BEC Recordings

By Brandon J. on September-28-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

The O.C. Supertones Release New Album Via BEC Recordings

It has (sorta) been announced that The O.C. Supertones will release their new album “For the Glory” via long time label home, BEC Recordings. There is a picture of the CD over on their facebook page. I have no idea what this means for Kickstarter supporters but I am sure we’ll get our stuff in time.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

12 Responses to 'The O.C. Supertones Release New Album Via BEC Recordings'

• Brandon J. says:

It might be strange but with these guys so busy in their own personal lives, it probably relieves the strain to have someone else handle your affairs. Now, they’ll get radio play, distribution into all the major stores, advertisements, and other marketing relating to album release. It makes sense for them to go this route. I know it’s disappointing to the kickstarter backers because we were under the impression that they would be doing this all on their own and without the backing of a label. As long as we all get our goodies, I am not complaining. I would like to see this album all over the place.

• ^^ Tru, but its stil kinda misleadin, altho they havent been the first band 2 do this afta a sucesful kikstarta campaign+ im sure they wont b the last.

• Smacky X says:

I don’t think it’s misleading at all- for the same reason you state: a lot of bands are doing it.

Anyone who keeps regular track of kickstarter campaigns should no longer assume that kickstarter=independent. Unless bands specifically state a plan to release independently, I know that I can no longer assume that they will be doing so.

I actually don’t get why it would make any difference, in any sort of negative way, to a people. It appears that they still wrote and produced independently and so unhindered by the constraints and expectations of the label, so they still got to make the music that they wanted to!

This just gets them more exposure and presumably wider distribution. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

1. Iaya97 says:

Hmm. They couldn’t even release it through T&N?

2. Brandon J. says:

Just a couple years ago in 2010, the original 4 members of The O.C. Supertones (Mojo, Jason, Tony, and Chief) got back together for a short summer reunion tour with no intention of doing anything else. There was such a great response, however, and so many people were being encouraged and ministered to that the guys decided to keep the door open and play a few more shows. One thing led to another, and now The O.C. Supertones are now releasing a new album! The album is called For The Glory and it features fresh new material complete with clever lyrics and catchy hooks. Fans will be stoked to know that the band will continue playing shows in support of the new record!

“We talked about what kind of album we wanted to make. Words like fun, exciting, energetic, life-changing, and yes, ska. We make no apologies. We are going back to the roots of what started this band. We’re not trying to be arty, emo, or sophisticated on any level… we want to make the greatest ska album of all time (at least we’ll give it a shot)! But most of all, we wanted to put out a distinctively Christ-centered album. Like every show, every album, and everything we’ve ever done, the Supertones mission statement is to reach the lost with the hope of Christ, and to build up and encourage the Church. And that is exactly what we intend to set out to do. We believe that this album will be the most encouraging in your relationship with God that we’ve ever done.”

3. Brandon J. says:

It has just been announced that The OC Supertones will be hosting a second album release show with The Insyderz and Lybecker on November 10th at Calvary Church in Santa Ana, CA. https://www.facebook.com/events/416874471694244/

I was hesitant about going back to The Glasshouse just because I didn’t feel like driving that far and being overheated again but now that they are playing in Santa Ana, I think i’ll definitely go to this for sure!

4. Ian DeVaney says:

They had talked quite a bit about whether or not they wanted to go back with T&N/BEC or go fully independent. I strongly encouraged them to go back with T&N just because it would get them a lot more promotion, radio play, distribution, etc.
    They initially planned on going independent, but it appears that they decided that the benefits of being on a label, outweigh the benefits of being fully independent. I’m guessing that the deal that they have right now is simply for distribution, and not a full record deal, but don’t quote me on that.

One of the major bonuses of the fact that they recorded the album independently and then signed to a label is that they won’t have to recoup any recording fees, but they’ll still be getting great distribution/promotion through the label.

5. Phil Recognition says:

hope it’s on point, it’s gonna be hard to knock the new insyderz album out of my rotation