Colton Dixon Signs With Sparrow Records

By Brandon J. on September-5-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , | Share

Colton Dixon Signs With Sparrow Records

American Idol alumni, Colton Dixon, who performed last season on the popular FOX Singing Competition has announced that he has signed with Sparrow Records. Colton and the label will release his first single to iTunes on September 25th. Check out the announcement video below.

I am 35 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and have no plans to quit anytime soon. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonivm ) View all posts by Brandon J.

14 Responses to 'Colton Dixon Signs With Sparrow Records'

1. MrM says:

Cool. I thought he did well on the show, looking forward to seeing what he puts out

2. scott says:

meh. American Idol alumni and Sparrow records artist… Not my cup of tea.

3. fusse says:

okay. was the video geared towards 10 year old girls? sorry but… yeah.

4. fusse says:

also, i kinda hoped he would have been on a non-ccm label and bold there but i guess that’s hard – i’m not too excited about the christian culture bubble that is so obvious especially in the states. but that’s that.

5. Andy K says:

Christian Contemporary Music… Where American Idol rejects go when they don’t make it in the mainstream.

• Brandon says:

Well that is usually true but in Colton’s case I think he was pursuing the Christian market to begin with after the show ended. He had a great witness on the show, a show millions of Americans watch. I may not be the biggest CCM fan but if he gets a good producer and a nice backing band, it could be really unique for the market. Look at how well Daughtry has done, Phillip Phillips, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Pickler, and Adam Lambert (among others). “Some” American Idol alums do make some good music if the right people are behind it.

• Andy K says:

Yeah, I was just making a generalization. I have never even heard of this guy or do I care to. :)

6. I wish he was planning an edgier album. I loved him on the show, especially his rare rock songs. But better him to make it big in CCM rather than T-Mac or someone talentless.

7. jim says:

on american idol i was surprised at his wording. I thought this mindset was gone, at least from those 25 and younger, the mindset of “Christian Artist” and how he wanted to be a “Christian singer”. I just see the lines of Christian and Secular blurring. To where you are just an Artist. You might sing about God on some songs, sing about life on another, but I was surprised at how he wanted to persure a CCM label. That just seems like the mind set i grew up with back in the 90s.

8. First order of business … a new hairstylist.

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+