Texas in July – Cry Wolf

By Brody B on September-4-2012 | Filed under Lyric Video | Tags : , , , | Share

Check out the lyric video below for the new Texas in July song Cry Wolf off their self – titled album coming out October 9th on Equal Vision Records. Pre-orders are also HERE.

About the author Brody B

I am a 22 year old front end web developer by day and a youth leader, aspiring skateboarder, bass player extraordinaire, and Subaru fanboy by night. View all posts by Brody B

15 Responses to 'Texas in July – Cry Wolf'

1. Chandler A. says:

Disappointed :( vocals sound exactly like one reality

• Steve says:

haha, I always think of Ben Stein from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, when I hear One Reality….

• Steve says:

I actually like the music, but I think maybe the vocals are just mixed wrong or something. It’s like the vocals on this and from One Reality are all at the same volume even though I can hear fluctuations in his voice. I’m wondering if they used the same producer for this and One Reality. I’ll give this a better listen once there are samples out for more songs, but I definitely wont be pre-ordering.

• Chandler A. says:

Wow. was thinking the same thing as far as liking the music. but yeah I’m not preordering either. And if all the songs sound like this…probably not even buying.

2. scott says:

Hey its August Burns Red! Wait…

3. Luke Foster says:

Another meh band

4. Rob G says:

I feel like all their songs sound the same, and just too generic now.

5. Tony Takach says:

One reality was al right. I liked a few songs on there. I think this might be good, but I can see how it may seem generic to some. This genre is just oversaturated, and has been for a while now. I like bands like wolves at the gate cause they are just so different, but at the same time the whole scream and sing thing has been done for ages.

6. Tony Takach says:

Wolves at the gate, to me, stand out. They don’t reinvent the wheel, nor do they do something that is a complete breath of fresh air. But, they stand out because of the vocal delivery. The way they scream and sing seems more appealing to me compared to other bands in the genre. Maybe I’m just desperate for something new, so a band comes along that I like and I label them as somewhat innovative. I don’t know why. I think texas in july is similar to most other hardcore/metal core bands. They don’t do anything new, but some songs they do well. I just like a good ol hardcore song to work out to or work to, and a few of their songs are fun to jam out to. I mean you can say the same for other genres. What has mainstream rock done thats new? To me every radio friendly rock band sounds the same, outside of a few that have been around a while. Red hot chili peppers for example. They aren’t a band I love, but I admit they do their own thing well.

7. Derek O. says:

I think I developed a tumor. Ha. Brain jokes.