Becoming The Archetype Releases “The Eyes Of The Storm”

By Taylor C. on August-27-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , | Share

Becoming The Archetype Releases “The Eyes Of The Storm”

Check out the debut of “The Eyes Of The Storm,” the third track off of Becoming The Archetype‘s upcoming album, I AM——set to drop on September 18th via Solid State Records. I believe the track was released to welcome Hurricane Isaac to the United States, but I’m not entirely sure. In any case, prepare your umbrellas and listen below.

About the author Taylor C.

"I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter." —T.S. Eliot View all posts by Taylor C.

29 Responses to 'Becoming The Archetype Releases “The Eyes Of The Storm”'

1. JahWarriah says:

*Insert cliche metalhead complaining about how generic they sound.*

• DT says:

…that’s actually true. I mean, it does it well and I enjoyed listening to this, but it does have the happening metalcore sound. I can imagine people claiming this is “djent” or some non-genre like that.

That at least means it’s not dated, but sounding like whatever is current is fairly generic. More so for a band like BTA who many have loved because they’ve been one of the most unique bands out there in the ‘Christian metal’ scene.

I’m not complaining, though; just agreeing with what you said out of sarcasm (or what I understood as sarcasm). I wouldn’t fault anyone who wanted to complain, but I would suggest waiting to hear more tracks from the album. In this song, the riff at 0:44 is the only riff that sounds like BTA to me.

2. Taylor C. says:

I can’t tell if you guys like it or not. FEEDBACK PPLZ.

As for me, sounds a lot like Time Bender here and there (especially the intro), but I dig it. On another note, have we ever seen this many breakdowns in a BTA song?

3. scott says:

I’m loving this sound. If you can make breakdowns sound this good, I’m in.

4. thruchristalone777 says:

Pretty cool.

5. travis says:

i thought this sounded like for today a whole lot musically. Not always the best thing but not always a bad thing either.

6. Did any of you check out Becoming the Archetype’s last EP Celestial Progression? It contained 6 remixed songs from the Celestial Completion album – mostly electronic, some with a little dubstep influences which was actually pulled off pretty well! It was a rather good EP! And let’s not forget about Celestial Completion – probably the most original metal release of 2011!!

Plus, they have a new single available now on iTunes titled “The Time Bender”, which was released last Friday. Good solid HEAVY tune!

7. WhenIRemember says:

Reminds me a little of AILD. So fat the album sounds to be pretty heavy. Can’t wait.

8. Tony Takach says:

Back when I listened to more death metal type stuff, bta was one of my favorites. I still like them don’t get me wrong, but its been a while since I gave any of their albums a spin. I used to songs like how great Thou art, end of the age, the magnetic sky, breathing light, and I dug the whole concept they had going for physics of fire. I think this will be one of those albums where I try before I buy. I still like the really heavy stuff, but I’ve gone into more of a hardcore/indie rock etc. direction this past year. With close your eyes, your memorial, sleeping giant, and indie rock bands like my epic, sosaveme.

9. ParkerloveJesus says:

THis song was about a 6.5 out of 10 for me. The lead was pretty cool but other than that it was just an okay song. Breakdown at the end was super generic.

10. taras says:

The new material kind of sounds like Betraying The Martyrs. I really hope they still use unique instruments like they did on previous records. Other then that I am enjoying the new tunes. They sound more metalcorish this time around probably due to line up changes.

11. jordan says:

Terminate Damnation is the ONLY record of theirs i enjoy.

why does no one make christian metal i enjoy anymore??!?!?

i find most christian metal disappoints me though. cant understand why people like the scene these days.

my favorite records are undeceived, terminate damnation, crimson moonlight albums, and slechtvalks. sadly, it appears my tastes are in the minority…

• Taylor C. says:

I know where you’re coming from. Chin up, though; there’s a Crimson Moonlight album in the works at the moment, and Slechtvalk is going to start recording in 2013.

• DT says:

I’m surprised you would feel shorted on ‘un’black bands, since you like Slechtvalk and CM. The Christian unblack scene is so bloated! I’d rather hear death metal, which is far more scarce in the Christian metal scene. If you haven’t, check out Deus Invictus. I think the album Staged in Awaiting is perfect for a fan of Undeceived!

By the way, I actually hadn’t listened to The Time Bender yet. That song does sound like BTA, which is good.

• thruchristalone777 says:

Yeah Deus Invictus are good. They were started by The Chariot’s former drummer (they sound nothing like the Chariot though).

• Zac says:

Hey Jordan, have faith haha, check out Hope For The Dying. They are the most talented band musically in the entire “christian” metal scene. And I say that without any doubt that you will agree. Seeing them live, I just shook my head at the guitar leads

12. Logan Flaming says:

Ok song, I thought Timebender was better.

13. John M. says:

I still say Dicotomy was some of their best material, which (to me) was very annointed & Spirit-led. This is a fair departure from that album. Even though Jason Wisdom (former lead vocalist) has come out in support of the new album, personally I do not like the direction BTA is going. When the full album drops, however, I’ll give it a listen & fully decide then.

14. kevin fitz says:

Good call. The album is amazing though, BTA fans will enjoy it, I feel.

15. Greg says:

I like it when BTA gets into progressive mode. This is a pretty straight-forward metalcore track, and I’m not feeling it. Hope there is some more progressive stuff.

16. John says:

is there still going to be clean singing like on the other albums? I really liked some of their melodies they used as hooks on Celestial Completion.