IVM Merch Question

By Brandon J. on August-23-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , | Share

IVM Merch Question

We will soon begin work on designing a few new merch items for Indie Vision Music. We are interested in a new Tshirt design and a Zippered Hoodie (would be our first one ever since launching 12 years ago!) but we are open to more ideas/input. What type of merch from Indie Vision Music would you be most inclined to order? Tshirt, Long Sleeve T, Zippered Hoodie, Sweatshirt (Crew), Flex Fit Hat, Stickers, etc etc? This would be another collaboration with Benaiah Clothing and would be for a “Winter Line” meaning it would ship late fall/early winter. We need your input so please comment with some thoughts. Thanks!

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

56 Responses to 'IVM Merch Question'

1. Shawn H says:

Zip hoodie
    Hats
    Messenger Bags
    Tanks

2. Steven Cosand says:

FLANNEL

3. Buttons/pins, stickers, and maybe some bracelets/wristband type things. I like small stuff and they’re always a good addition for people who are already buying a bigger thing to just throw in.

4. Long Sleeve T, Zip Hoody, Flex Fit Hat, Stikas.

I wud like 2 c those.

5. Taylor C. says:

Zip hoody sounds great.

…And I’d buy a Tshirt with the Lightning Bolt Eye followed by (Not Illuminati) written beneath.

6. Lee Brown says:

The ironic thing is that Toby Mac’s eye is staring at me as I read this post… maybe he’s illuminati, that why he had that song (j/k).

7. Chandler A. says:

Zip Hoody/flex fit hat…Not black on that hoody por favor…I hate black clothing and probably won’t buy it :P maybe white or that light blue

• Chandler A. says:

@Iaya97 Haha honestly don’t care what’s “in” but I do dig the light blue! Pullover or zip up I don’t really care I honestly just prefer whatever is cheaper but would probably buy either one regardless

8. Kurtis says:

Zip hoodies are lame! Trendy yes, but lame! The zipper bunches up when you wash them. Do a pullover hoodie, pullovers are way sweeter!!! And the not illuminati is great too!

9. I agree on a pullover hoodie, not zip! But, the not illuminati thing is weird, I wouldn’t wear that.

10. metalhunter says:

You said stickers, how about bumper stickers?

11. Jessica C says:

Zip hoodies and baseball tees!

12. Logan Flaming says:

Would love a zippered hoodie, bumper stickers, and a new t-shirt would be sweet.

13. thruchristalone777 says:

I wouldn’t mind an IVM ball cap. Also zip hoodie, vinyl car stickers, regular stickers, and junk like that would be cool.

14. Jonathan says:

Athletic shorts.

Tbh, I kind of hate wearing band shirts, but I love wearing band gym/athletic shorts. This is kind of the same deal.

15. Jeremy says:

V-neck, please!!!

16. TheArchangel says:

Indievision socks and shoes. Eh? Eh? It’s catching on, I know it….

17. TIES, stickers, flipflops, zip hoodie, posters, etc, etc

18. synn'r sainte jeb'beau says:

since it’s a “winter line”, I suggest coffee mugs/travel mugs. “Hot” & “cool” together for the win!

19. JoshIVM says:

Remember folks, this is something that we would have to sell enough of to make it worthwhile.

20. Megan says:

Stickers would certainly be worth it. They’re cheap and can be posted anywhere

21. stevo says:

Forget all the hoodies! For winter do an Indie Vision Tea-Shirt. That’s the same T-Shirt you can sell in summer but it comes with a tea-bag:-) …a “Not Illuminati” tea-bag of course

22. JoshIVM says:

So zip-ups seem to stand out. Are we talking our new logo (eye) but with 2 different colored hoodies (black & something else). Please reply to this thread if you would purchase one. Also, zip-ups aren’t cheap, so keep that in mind.

• Chandler A. says:

I’d buy the not-black hoodie! I think that a light blue hoodie with the eye on it would be sick. Don’t care between pullover/zip-up tho I personally prefer the cheaper option.

• Kurtis says:

I’m really shocked that zips are more popular than pullovers, but whatever. I own the old t-shirt and the new eye t-shirt as well. I do buy a zip hoodies, but only because no one makes pullovers anymore.

Yes I would buy a hoodie, any design, black. I would buy most anything to show support for IVM.

• KeithX says:

The new logo is okay for the website, but I can’t see myself (no pun intended) ever wearing anything with it staring out. Might just be me, but I find it to be somewhat creepy. How about you offer an alternate with just IVM or indievisionmusic as the logo? Just being honest, I wanted to buy the last offering but can’t get past the eye.

• fusse says:

I’m quite a lot with KeithX on this one…

• Chandler A. says:

I don’t care IVM logo or eye. As long as there’s a hoody that isn’t black…

• Maybe do some stuff with just the name really big? I can see that being a lot better to get people interested in the site from seeing a t-shirt or whatever. Or, maybe just do a lightning bolt with the name! That would look awesome.

23. Chandler A. says:

Any update on this stuff getting made?

• Brandon J. says:

I’ll have to contact Benaiah Clothing again. It’s almost November and they told me they were working on a new design/merch. If we wait much longer, we’ll miss the Christmas rush.

24. Earthseedz says:

Agree with Keith X and Fusse. I bought the IVM T shirt and that eye is way “too large” and creepy for me to where anywhere but the gym. Just the words and website are enough.

25. I would probably buy things like hoodies ( zipped or pullover), shirts and hats. I saw someone mention wristbands, I think that would be a cool idea too.

26. I think hoodies with a logo (even the existing eye) on the shoulder-sleeve area like an emblem is always classy.

27. Christian says:

V-necks!! The “Not Illuminati” thing is hilarious too!!

28. Britt says: