It’s Official, Kevin Max is the New Lead Singer of Audio Adrenaline!

It has been confirmed by both CCM Magazine and Jesusfreakhideout that Kevin Max will, in fact, be joining Audio Adrenaline as their new lead singer. This new version of AudioA will also include former Superchick member Dave Ghazarian on guitar, Jared Byers of Bleach on drums, Jason Walker of Know Hope Collective on keys and vocals, and last but not least, Will McGuinnes, the only original, returning member of AudioA on bass.

According to Jesusfreakhideout, “The newly revitalized band is hoping to raise funds and awareness for the Haitian orphan ministry called The Hands and Feet Project through this new musical chapter in Audio A’s history, and are hoping to hop on the festival circuit in the coming months. Audio Adrenaline is also planning a new studio album to be released in 2013!”

About the author Ian DeVaney

Ian DeVaney currently resides in Minneapolis MN, and is attending North Central University for Music Business. He is probably most well known as the founder/manager of Ska Lives, though he is a fan of many genres including Classic Rock, Alternative, Metal, Folk, Blues, and yes, Ska. He also has experience as a promoter/booking agent. In his spare time he enjoys playing drums and has played on several worship teams over the past few years. Follow on Twitter @Lakesider92 View all posts by Ian DeVaney

50 Responses to 'It’s Official, Kevin Max is the New Lead Singer of Audio Adrenaline!'

1. In other news, TobyMac confirms the possibility of a dc Talk reunion. ;)

2. love the tags ‘Are you serious?’ and ‘This can’t be happening’!

but yeah, there’s also a rumour that Dave Ghazarian was considered only after the deals with Stu G. didn’t work out. I can’t think that Stu G. would want to leave One Sonic Society- they are doing very well as a band!

3. eman says:

I dont like this. With out mark Stuart and Tyler burkam, this is not audio A. It looks like the Christian music industry came up with another great idea to sell a name.

• DT says:

Yes, it’s quite the marketing technique. I say “technique” since this is now the second dc Talk takeover. There is a pattern here, and it is one I think fits the CCM audience–with its lacking diversity–quite well.

By lacking diversity, I mean that the CCM audience seems to really cling to certain bands and songs… never moving on… listening religiously (Punality! Flawless pun!). This way, the audience can continue to cling to AA and their past songs, while also getting to hear something new for a change without searching for something new or waiting for radio stations to stop playing the same Mercy Me and Third Day songs to finally open up the books and swear in one more new band into the vast world of CCM. This also gives this new band an immediate fan base and quickly fills the pockets of everyone involved with sweet moneda.

It’s a win win. Listeners win and the musicians/label win. Genius!

I’d like to see Phillips, Craig, & Dean revive dc Talk.

• Justin (emergenscenery) says:

Philips, Craig, and Dean – that would be hilarious. :)

• Phil Recognition says:

the Phillip, Craig and Dean line seriously made my day

• eman says:

Im surprised P. C. D. HASN’T done this yet.

DT, we share the same idea on the subject. Which is why I stay as far away from Christian radio (radio in general) as possible.

(**with some exceptions**) CCM lacks talent, Spirit, and freedom. Which is everything Jesus doesn’t want us to be.

Be inspired. Like David, be inspired by God. So much creativity floating around in heaven.

4. Wow. Wil b intrestin 2 c wat the new stuf sounds like wit only 1 original memba left, lol. Cool news regardless tho.

5. Justin (emergenscenery) says:

Soooo, what are the obligations or limitations of being able to keep or take on a band name? One founding member? (In this case, Will McGuinnes) Just seems too easy. Could you imagine how many bands we could resurrect? When I was a preteen, I loved The Benjamin Gate. We could grab one of their original members to join, and boom!! Band exists again. ummmm…. right? kinda? :S

6. Smacky X says:

Yuck- seems like a shameless exploitation of the name. Couldn’t they change it up at least a little? Maybe something that sounds close but is still different, like “Audible Adrenal Gland?”

7. Loren Wade says:

It’s one thing if members phase out over time (new ones taking on the torch) with some original members still in place. It’s a totally different thing for only one guy to return after a long break.

This is not Audio Adrenaline. Sorry folks.

• thruchristalone777 says:

In complete agreement on this one. This isn’t Audio A, this is just a Christian super group going under the Audio A title.

8. Loren Wade says:

Also, ROFL at the tags for this one…

9. like i said on another post, i will most likely be labeling this band as “Max Adrenaline” in my iTunes

10. Michael Cedras says:

The DC Talk Together Again Tour
    Featuring Tobymac, The Newsboys, and Audio Adrenaline
    with special guests Peter Furler and Phil Joel

11. silentthunder89 says:

I think the real winner here is the Hands and Feet Project. With the band assuming the AA name, there will more than likely be a large percentage of the AA following that will buy this because of the AA label. They probably wouldn’t raise anywhere near as much if they had chosen a new name.

12. scott says:

at least MxPx owned up to the fact and called its cover band MxPx Allstars instead of just MxPx.

13. jim says:

ok, now Michael W Smith will take Kmax place when DCTalk gets back together. oh, and Tait is busy with Newsboys, so who will take his place?

14. Jeremy says:

This tarnishes the AA ‘legacy’. They should just come up with a new band name and promote the band as members from the various other famous bands. I would like to hear it, but I’m not sure I will buy it.

15. Abe says:

What the??!! This is not going to be the same Audio A, so why give the same name?

16. Josh says:

I dig KMax’s solo work, and I’ll always have a soft spot for AudioA, them being one of the first rock bands I listened to as a kid. This is weird to me though, I have to admit.

I’m trying not to be as quick to judge because it’s possible that the whole reason for this is that Audio Adrenaline still contractually owes ForeFront (or whatever label they were on last) another album. Can’t think of another reason the name would be revived for a group that is essentially a cover band (no disrespect to Will’s solid bass chops).

17. Taylor C. says:

They should just merge Newsboys, dcTalk, and AA together and start a nightly political radio program called AudioTalkNews.

• thruchristalone777 says:

Haha

• Chris says:

No doubt they would all support Mitt Romney, no matter the fact that Romney is a draft dodger who wants to expand the military by $2.5 trillion and continue the deadly un-Constitutional Obama drone program that has killed thousands of civilians overseas.

I kid, I kid…though I know of some CCM artists who will remain nameless who are friends with GOP warmongers.

18. Bump Galletta says:

um Haste the Day.

19. Jamos41 says:

Not that I care that much, but why are they using the Audio Adrenaline name? Because it’s already established?

20. John says:

The contract thing could be a possibility. A lot of bands the past few years have recorded their last albums basically as solo projects. I also think, as someone else said, the charity played a big part. Possibly the main reason. Wanting to get more money for charity is different from just wanting to get more money, so I don’t think that makes them greedy at all. Plus the charity was a big part of AudioA, IIRC. I can’t speak for them of course but those are my thoughts. We’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

21. Jeremy says:

Here are some different name options for the new AA, some based on previous AA album titles:
    The Underdogs
    K. Max and the Underdogs
    The Zombies
    K. Max and the Zombies
    AA All-Stars
    Know Hope Collective

What do you think?
    Do you have any other suggestions?

22. Chris says:

What’s funny was, I was going to post that they should pray and pair up with a charity (and not a controversial one or one with ties to wacky churches, that would defeat the purpose) to thwart the backlash here.

I think members of Jesus Wept, Seventh Star, and The Deal should form a supergroup and play songs from all those bands’ catalogs.

• Smacky X says:

They will be accepted as AA because they are teaming up as a charity? How does that work? It’s not like people hate them and they need to do something to earn people’s favor. We’re just saying that this isn’t Audio Adrenaline- it’s a band with Audio A’s bass player. Working with a charity doesn’t change that

• Chris says:

Well, it will make people stop questioning the motivation.

“They’re just trying to profit off the name!”

No, they are giving some proceeds to charity.

23. Ian DeVaney says:

I would actually happy if they decided to call themselves Maximum Adrenaline. That would be pretty funny and appropriate.

24. Eric says:

This is not Audio A in any way. Just give up the name, Will! Call it something else!

25. Blake says:

I could not be happier with the change in lead singer. For me personally, their former lead singer does NOT have a good singing voice. Kevin has always been my favorite singer of the trio in dcTalk, so I’m positive Audio Adrenaline will dominate more so than ever before. Remember, not very many fans of the newsboys (including me) were pleased when Peter Furler was replaced by Michael Tait. But they are doing extremely well, despite the fact that I still think Peter is still the newsboys sound and voice. AA will do fine.

26. Justin (emergenscenery) says:

Uhhh… yeah. Kind of a funny comment there, eh? :)

• Smacky X says:

That someone is “positive” that a 20-something year old, 2-time Grammy winning band, whose name is back on the scene after a 6 year hiatus, but being used by a drastically different line-up, will dominate moreso than ever before? Yeah, there is some humor to be gleaned there…

• fusse says:

I think in this day and age with tons of bands in the market and online… to hit it like AA did earlier in CCM scene is nearly impossible.