The Wedding Signs, to Release “No Direction” September 25th

By Brandon J. on August-20-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

The Wedding Signs, to Release “No Direction” September 25th

Rock outfit The Wedding have signed with Tooth & Nail Records and will release their label debut No Direction on September 25th. Read full press release below.

The Wedding first formed in 2003 and despite a few lineup changes, quickly created a stir with their soaring rock anthems. The band finally hit its stride with the addition of front man Matt Shelton (formerly of Island Records’ Letter Kills.)

On the album’s title, Shelton explains, “No Direction” means cutting ties with the idea that you can prepare your life in such a way to keep you from danger. As C.S. Lewis said, it’s an illusion of safety. We are meant to live life unabashed and free, and this can only happen in the face of danger; which to most is the idea of not knowing where you are going. It is when we have No Direction at all and still we press on, trusting that the great unknown will be our rescue and not the demise we are so fearful of. We went into making this record with complete reckless abandon. We tried to write the record that we wanted and needed to hear.”

“We are stoked to join the family at Tooth & Nail. It’s exciting to get to make the records we want to make with so many good friends,” says Shelton.

Consisting of 12 tracks, No Direction was produced by Jasen Rauch (Breaking Benjamin) at Harker House Studios in Springfield, TN, and features guest vocals by Dan Marsala of The Story Of The Year on the track “The Lesser Worth.”

Cover art:

No Direction Track Listing:

1. No Direction

2. The End

3. The Lesser Worth (feat. guest vocals by Dan Marsala of The Story of The Year)

4. The Raconteur

5. Hang on Love

6. The Wildest Ocean

7. Mors Tua Nos Vita

8. Kill Any Excuse

9. Heartbreak In Melody

10. Don’t Let Me Down

11. Young and Dangerous

12. Distance and Resolution

www.theweddingrockandroll.com

www.facebook.com/thewedding479

www.toothandnail.com

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

23 Responses to 'The Wedding Signs, to Release “No Direction” September 25th'

1. Dan says:

That’s weird that the press release states that they formed in 2008, because they were definitely a band long before then.

2. JahWarriah says:

It’s about time this gets officially “announced”, LOL. I dig the album art. I’m guessing “Heartbreak in Melody” has been redone for the new record. Looking forward to hearing this!

3. evan144 says:

Wow, I never saw this coming…not surprising, but still EVER so exciting haha!!!

4. Justin (emergenscenery) says:

Feels like I have been waiting for this news for forever. The Wedding has been such a hard working band for so long. Glad to see them finally get some recognition and support.

5. Silentthunder89 says:

Wait…what? A full length and NOT another EP!? Oh happy day!!! XD

6. Luke Foster says:

yay yay YAY

7. Nathaniel says:

Enjoy it while it lasts, kids. I smell a future T&N departure and a kickstarter in the air.

• Zac says:

Why would you say that? I don’t think they’ll go off a label after being glued to a non existent label.

Do you know what happened with Brand New World Records?

They collapsed, around the same time Sound and Steel came out. But somehow, they defunct label, kept a hold of the wedding legally, so they couldnt sign with anyone else for years. I think it was last year that they finally got out of it.

It wasn’t by choice that it’s been so long since a full album, they got screwed over badly.
      The wedding is now tooth and nail’s best band.

8. username says:

I’m going to see these guy live soon, it’s great to see a good band get signed to T&N.

9. David Green says:

I am really pumped for this. I found this band after Polarity blew me away and even with the change in vocalist everything this band has put out so far has been superb. I am so glad they finally have a full length coming under Shelton, and will always wish for the best for these guys. They are one of the very few rock bands I still listen to.

10. Jamos41 says:

I’m really interested to hear Dan Marsala’s guest vocals on “The Lesser Worth”

11. JoshIVM says:

About time they released this info.

12. Phil Recognition says:

so stoked on this. about dang time they released a full length, hope it’s still groovy rock like the best parts of the last few e.p’s

13. Dakota says:

New song soon please? Heartbreak in Melody is good but it’s been out for a while.

14. Zachary Zinn says:

Why isn’t this bringing more of a reaction?

• Brandon says:

I agree. Let’s talk about The Wedding and how much they rule! Matt Shelton and the boys are going to take over once the album drops. I love this band.

• Zac says:

I can’t explain my love for this band. Not many bands have that ‘n’ roll with rock.
      And live…
      At ichthus this year, Matt jumped off the stage- over the fence that separated the stage from the crowd and stole one of the hoses they sprayed at people and started spraying it all over the place, and then entered a circle pit. hahahaha

• Ian says:

Matt Sheldon is The Wedding Singer? I thought Adam Sandler was….

15. fusse says:

I really liked The Sound The Steel but wasn’t too excited about Distance EP so I’m interested to find out what the album is like.

16. John says:

New interview http://www.musicreview.co.za/2012/08/22/interview-the-wedding/

Can’t wait to finally hear something from this

17. Logan Flaming says:

It’s cool that Heartbreak In Melody made the cut. Im open to hearing a re-recorded version of the song. Fave song off The Distance EP. Stoked for the new record! This a band like I Am Empire that knows how to get a crowd moving.

Exclusive: Jeremiah Daly Music Video Premiere