Rocky Loves Emily – Be Mine Tonight

By JoshIVM on August-18-2012 | Filed under Music Videos | Tags : , , , , | Share

Tooth & Nail have unveiled Rocky Loves Emily’s music video for the track “Be Mine Tonight”. The song is taken from the band’s latest, titled Secrets Don’t Make Friends. Check the video out below.

13 Responses to 'Rocky Loves Emily – Be Mine Tonight'

1. David says:

This is the best band on Tooth and Nail right now.

2. Brandon Ellis says:

Thanks for posting this josh!

-Brandon, RLE

3. Wow…no negativity yet? Praise Jesus!

• fusse says:

Why be negative about something fun! :D

• Brandon Ellis says:

Lol yeah that’s a first for RLE lol! and David. I love that you think that! but personally I’m partial to As Cities burn and mewithoutYou! My fav Tooth bands ever! Our A&R guy actually has “A—>B life” tattooed on him. SO SICK. anyways, thanks again though! -Brandon, RLE

• Lucas says:

Brandon, I am in the exact same boat! As Cities Burn and mewithoutYou are just behind Anberlin as my all time favorites to ever be on T&N (even though none of them are on there currently).
      I’ll admit I haven’t had Secrets Don’t Make Friends on repeat, but it’s one of the better debuts I’ve heard from the label in a while. I think the lyrics turn me off slightly because I have trouble listening to music purely for fun and I like a little more substance. (which I did find in a few of the songs)
      As y’all mature I think you’ll easily be one of the better bands on the label. You guys definitely have the talent to be! Maybe a more serious record next time?? :)

• Well, it was good while it lasted. :P Glad people aren’t being as rude on this post as the previous ones. RLE, keep following where God calls you. :)

4. brandon ellis says:

Lucas that rules dude! yeah, its interesting when people relate “deep” lyrics to maturity. When we were all younger, we were in different bands that had deeper lyrical content. I was in a band very similar to As Cities Burn called “fifthwindowhigh” and then actually joined the Tooth and Nail band, Search The City for a while. I definitely know how to write music with more “substance” but with this record, we purposely set out to do something a little more light hearted than what our past bands had done. That said, for our next full length we plan on going a little deeper lyrically and more complex musically, but i wouldnt say that means we are maturing. It just means we are setting out to do something deeper. I am excited for you to hear it :) -Brandon,RLE

• Iaya97 says:

Interesting point. I think the use of “maturity” relates more to the lyrics then to the songwriter though. Lyrics written purely for “fun” often forsake artistic creativity, leaning more towards something like “Woah-oh-oh-oh/It’s always a good time/Woah-oh-oh-oh/It’s always a good time” (my made up lyrics were going to be something like that, but then I realized I would just be plagiarizing Owl City). In that case, the lyrics aren’t very mature. But you can still have fun, mature lyrics, like Heath McNease and Capital Lights do, that require some thought and creativity.

• Luke Foster says:

Sounds cool, can’t wait to here it

5. Matthew Kaminski says:

I hear more about this band on AltPress or absolutepunk than any other band on tooth and nail. It seems like they are getting bigger than most of the other bands on the label. I dont understand why bands like Emery dont do tours anymore. I guess this is just the next generation of T&N. It’s growing on me. I would consider myself a new fan of Rocky Loves Emily.