New Anberlin Song

By Carter Fraser on August-17-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , | Share

New Anberlin Song

Alternative rockers Anberlin have released “Self-Starter” from their upcoming album, titled Vital, over on Billboard. The album is due out October 16th.

About the author Carter Fraser

I'm a student originally from Arlington, TX, but currently residing in St. Louis, MO. I enjoy music, going to concerts, playing and watching baseball, working with my hands, fishing, art, Minecraft, and sleeping/eating/other necessary activities for life. Long walks on the beach are acceptable as well. View all posts by Carter Fraser

53 Responses to 'New Anberlin Song'

1. Brian says:

Does anyone think the beat in the middle of the song reminds them of the beat from Pray Tell off of DIAWLITP?

2. quite possibly their best song since Cities. The Resistance might top it.

• evan144 says:

Anything from Cities tops anything this band has, is, or will ever do haha!! That album is a masterpiece, but this song is ALMOST right up there next to those songs!!! But man this is so so good! Anberlin is back!!!

• evan144 says:

Although their last album was pretty phenomenal too. I only really didn’t like New Surrender by this band (minus the Resistance)

3. Love the new song! Don’t love starting this post out with “Alternative rockers”

4. Chris says:

Anberlin is the alternative…to good music. AMIRITE.

5. BunnySlippersMan says:

Gimme a pre-order now

6. Luke Foster says:

This rules, aaron’s influence is sprinkled all over this song(ha)

7. Ryan says:

WOW! Anberlin just killed it on this song. The drum work especially is just incredible.

8. Len says:

I liked the intro to the song, took me by surprise.. which, means… I think I will like this CD.

9. scott says:

Sooooo good!

10. bc says:

Also, not sure if anyone caught the line in the editorial but Nate wrote the skeleton/structure of the song. I think several he wrote were used on this album.

11. linds4lif says:

WOW. This song freaking rules. So good and I really liked the harmonies with his wife! Yeah, I’m ready for this album.

12. Brody B says:

Their hair didn’t change too much for this album cycle…. On a serious note, very good song. Great choice for a single.

13. Hopefully half of the tracks on this album isn’t epic epic ballads like on Dark Is the Way. They need to bring the rock.

14. Brandon says:

I am really excited about this new album. I love this band an yes I am a bit biased :)

Favorite band ever and when this album drops it could make that permanent for me. Not to make a Cities comparison, but as an opener, does this song remind anyone else of “Godspeed” a little? Not that it sounds very similar at all, but it has the same sort of drive. Wonder if there’ll be an intro?

• Lucas says:

Also on another note, the lyrics don’t disappoint. My only major qualm with DITWLIAP:

• Any specific lyrics from Dark is a Place… you disliked? I found New Surrender to be the weakest lyrically (and musically, and in basically every way possible).

• Lucas says:

Just a lot of the songs are built around repetition which isn’t so bad (the chorus of “Closer” is one of my favorite moments in any Anberlin song ever) but for the most part the lyrics weren’t on par with previous material. (most would point you to “Art of War”) I think that whole album is so incredible musically though. Bummer it wasn’t as well received among fans.

Apparently the first official radio single “Someone Anyone” has been released to some radio outlets. Really interested to hear what it sounds like! Surprised “Self-Starter” isn’t the first official single…?

Someone Anyone is officially up for stream at the official website. This album is going to rule. :)

Exclusive: Harbor and Home Music Video Premiere

Exclusive: The Beautiful Discord Music Video Premiere

Exclusive: BoughtXBlood Releases Music Video for “Restoration”