Lecrae Debuts “Tell The World”

By JoshIVM on August-14-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

Lecrae Debuts “Tell The World”

Lecrae has a new album website where you can listen to “Tell The World” which features Mali Music. Gravity drops September 4th on Reach Records. Any fear that Lecrae isn’t being as bold should listen to this song.

15 Responses to 'Lecrae Debuts “Tell The World”'

1. Dakota says:

Never though i’d get chills from a CHH song but that did it. Wow

2. “Any fear that Lecrae isn’t being as bold should listen to this song.”- I actualy wasnt 2 concerned about that, howeva, my concern has now become the generic/ radio frendly beats that ive herd from most of the new songs.

• JoshIVM says:

He’s always been more radio rap friendly, which is part of the reason why he’s gotten so popular. Go back through his discography & you’ll see what I mean. I think that’s part of the reason Church Clothes was more straightforward hip hop: to hit those fans as well.

• ^^ I disagree. Sure u cud tel on “rehab” that this was the direction the music was goin in, but i thot that ovadose made up 4 it wit mor creativ beats. I dont realy count “church clothes” since it was tecnicaly a mix tape produced by a secula dj.

• David says:

“Secular” DJ? The guy is a Christian. Maybe he doesn’t live by your standards of Christianity, but according to an interview I read a few months ago, he professes to follow Jesus Christ and I’m not one to judge someone I don’t know…

• David says:

This is why I hate the Christian/secular labels. If a baker who follows Christ works for Wonderbread, that doesn’t make him a “secular” baker. It just makes him a baker who works for a company that doesn’t have a faith-based affiliation. Why is this any different?

• kurtis says:

on a generic level, your right, there isn’t, or shouldn’t be a difference. However, the difference, and it’s a big one, is that as an artist, especially a popular artist, you have a platform. People listen to you, people hear what you say. A baker doesn’t have a voice hence why it doesn’t matter. Popular culture, both Christian and Secular have made it clear that it does matter because people listen to and investigate artist, bands, rappers, dj’s, actors, authors, the list goes on and on. However cooks, bakers, mechanics, cashiers, garbage men, etc, don’t have that same platform to speak out upon and be heard. It does matter… With great power also comes great responsibility.

• kurtis says:

FYI my comment was in no way about Lecraes track album or last mix tape. It is only in response to Davids question, and it’s just an opinion.

• David says:

I respect your opinion and agree that this EXISTS, but I believe it’s only different because we allow it to be. It’s the same reason why pastors and preachers are elevated as “leaders”, resulting in the “common” person desiring to want to be a “leader.”

Great article dealing with leadership and how we’ve made it an idol.

I just think the divides is stupid and the fact that we have even resorted to using the labels shows our health as a body of Christ, trying to compartmentalize everything. I’ve been guilty of it before, but I just don’t see the point.

• David says:

And that’s awesome. These are my opinions, as well. I just get frustrated when the word “secular” has to be thrown in to describe something or someone, as it’s generally in a negative context.

• “david”,

Yes, secula dj. Meanin of the world and/ or non- Christian. As far as i know thers 2 “canons” 1 is a Christian rapa who goes by only “canon”, the otha is a secula dj who goes by “dj canon”. “dj canon” is the 1 who produced “church clothes”. I was confused on these 2 as wel, trust me, thats y i did sum reserch on the issue. Ther4, that makes the rest of yur “argument” invalid. If u hav proof of both of em bein Christian, then by all means share it wit us, but that was my undastandin of the diferences between the 2 “canons”.

• David says:

CH: What interested you about working with Lecrae?
      DC: What interested me was that he feels so strongly about his beliefs and I am the same way, I grew up in the church and a continue to serve God, and its something special in music to be able to stand up in this industry and bring the people something different.

Now. I don’t know him. I don’t know his heart. But if the man says this is what he believes, then I’m not going to say any differently.

• David says:

PS: Ther4… nothing. :)

• “david”,

Thanx 4 digin that up.

“Although not a part of the Christian Hip Hop community, Don Cannon is hosting Lecrae’s upcoming yet to be titled mixtape.”- This part of the aricle 2 me sounds like maybe hes tryin 2 reach out 2 the secula industry n not just work wit Christian artists. If thats the case, then i aplaud him 4 that if hes tryin 2 show that actions speak louda than words. Im sure alota people like myself had not herd of him til “church clothes” was released, so kudos 2 him.

3. David says:

That being said, I enjoy the song a lot. I’m excited to see how this release ends up.

Exclusive: Jeremiah Daly Music Video Premiere