Texas In July To Release Self-Titled Third Album

By JoshIVM on August-7-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , | Share

Texas In July To Release Self-Titled Third Album

Equal Vision Records have announced that Texas In July will release their self-titled third album on October 9th. The first single, “Bed Of Nails”, will be released on September 11th. The album was recorded in Belleville, NJ at The Machine Shop Studios, with producer Will Putney (For Today, Chiodos). Check out the album cover & tracklisting (including guest spots) below.

1. Initiate
2. Cry Wolf
3. Shallow Point
4. Without a Head (ft. Chadwick Johnson of Hundredth)
5. Bed of Nails
6. Repressed Memories
7. C4 (ft. Dave Stephens of We Came As Romans)
8. Crux Lust
9. Paranoia
10. Black Magic
11. Cloudy Minds (ft. Matt Greiner of August Burns Red)

13 Responses to 'Texas In July To Release Self-Titled Third Album'

1. Steve says:

Hopefully this is better than the last album. At least this album cover doesnt have the “scenester” on it

• 1. I thot the last album was gud, but im not a big fan of eitha cova art, especialy the generic logo this time around.

2. They r aparently 1 of the hardest workin bands in metal wit so many releases in a span of 4 years.

• Steve says:

I agree that it’s hard work putting that many albums out in a short period of time and does constitute labeling a band “hard working.” It seem like the norm now is for a band to put out a new album every 12-15 months, but the vast majority of bands that do this put out average to below average albums that never live up to their first (at least in my opinion). I understand why bands want to put albums out as fast as they can, but I’d rather them take their time and write some quality music instead of trying to just get a new album out. If you look at a lot of the top tier bands, secular or Christian, they’re putting albums out every couple years. Just my 2 cents.

• Brandon says:

I agree with you Steve. A rushed project is a rushed project, plain and simple. Take time, collaborate, hone your craft, and take time to write the music.

• JoshIVM says:

I actually don’t think time necessarily creates better albums. Better writers create better albums. Most bands are constantly writing so songs we think are amazing might have been written immediately after songs that we dislike on a past album.

• ^^ Agreed on all points. I dont get the hatas tho. They hav certainly imprest me mor than alota the crap thats been put out recently.

• Nicholas says:

Revolver (1966)
      Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
      Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
      The Beatles (1968)
      Yellow Submarine (1969)
      Abbey Road (1969)
      Let It Be (1970)
      Just sayin…

2. Brandon says:

I am sure this band has fans but I doubt I’ll be getting this album.

3. metalhunter says:

I thought the last album was kinda bland. The song they did for the video was decent, but was the only bright spot to me. We’ll just have to wait to see if they have something more than their last.

4. Chandler A. says:

I have “Elements” off of ‘I Am’ and I love that song. I have ‘Uncivilized’ and both of those songs are pretty good. I have all of ‘One Reality’ and there isn’t a song I care for on it. There was no vocal variation at all on their last record. too boring. Hope this one goes back to sounding somewhat like their old stuff, at least as far as vocals go

• MrM says:

A lack of vocal variation is the biggest killer for heavy bands, IMO. I’d rather listen to the same drum beat or guitar riff than the same droning vocals

• Chandler A. says:

Very much agreed, sir

• Brody B says:

I agree with the lack of vocal variation absolutely killing this band in my book. I can take the repeated riffs, but after hearing the same throaty screams at the same pitch for 40 minutes, I get a little sick of it! For some reason I think this cover is pretty cool though!

Future Ideas For IVM: Album/Artist Database

Get your IVM clothing now!