August Burns Red Unveil Christmas Album Details

By JoshIVM on August-7-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , | Share

August Burns Red Unveil Christmas Album Details

August Burns Red will release Sleddin’ Hill: A Holiday Album, on October 9th via Solid State Records. Check out the album cover & tracklisting below. Leading up to this release the band is on a 5 week headliner with Of Mice & Men, The Color Morale, & The Overseer as support before they head over to Europe for a 4 week run.

1. Flurries
2. Frosty the Snowman
3. Sleigh Ride
4. God Rest Ye’ Merry Gentlemen
5. Jingle Bells
6. Oh Holy Night
7. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
8. Sleddin’ Hill
9. Little Drummer Boy
10. Winter Wonderland
11. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
12. Carol of the Bells (2012)
13. We Wish You a Merry Christmas

36 Responses to 'August Burns Red Unveil Christmas Album Details'

1. jthejust says:

Will it be instrumental, or have vocals? Because that difference changes everything…

• Guitarist, JB Brubaker, said this in a press release: “Writing metal versions of Christmas songs has always been a challenge for me because the songs are driven by simple vocal melodies with the only variety in the lyrics. We decided to take the songs and go the instrumental route – the main melodies are there, but this record has a lot more to it then that,” he adds. “The songs have sections of music that flow in and out of the classic melodies we’ve all come to recognize. There is a lot of substance in these songs- more than you’d find in your typical cover.”

2. Matt says:

Sounds Awesome! Yet, admittedly slightly bummed at the same time. Excited to hear their rendition of “Oh Holy Night” but have been holding out hope they would also cover “We Three Kings” just because I know how epic an ABR version of that song would be. Next time? But no reason for me to be ungrateful. I’ll still count this album as a blessing. Psyched to hear this stuff just in time for All Hallow’s Eve!

3. username says:

I really enjoy ABR’s Christmas songs, so I am ready for this album when the Holidays come.

4. Skyler says:

If only they had vocals :(

5. Matt says:

kind of glad it’s instrumental tbh. will be looking forward to this around the holidays.

6. Logan Flaming says:

I hope this balances out ABR’s more experimental side (Little Drummer Boy) with their more metal side (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Carol Of The Bells) about 50 50 on the record. I love both and look forward to hearing ABR trying some new ground, but don’t forget the metal!

7. Kyle Troutner says:

FROSTY THE SNOWMAN

8. Taylor C. says:

I’d love some vocals, but instrumental is awesome too. And the October release date is perfect. That’s when I start playing Christmas music.

Ho ho ho.

9. Zac says:

Im not sure… it seems like ABR is doing too much christmas stuff in my opinion

10. The only album I will enjoy from them.

11. Loren Wade says:

Anyone notice the (2012) behind Carol of the Bells?

Redoing it maybe?

12. mr. zer0 says:

Yeah seems to be some recycled songs in this album? Anyway who cares, still can’t complain! :D

13. Steve says:

Anyone else sick of Christmas music? I love Christmas and it’s “true” meaning, but I’d rather listen to These Hearts then listening to Christmas music.

• Brandon says:

LOL. I dig Christmas tunes at Christmas. So basically I only listen to the stuff for like 2-3 weeks during the year in December and that’s it. Some bands do it well and other bands don’t.

• TheArchangel says:

I am INCREDIBLY sick of Christmas music… WAAAAY overplayed for WAAAAY too much of the ‘season’ [leading up to] Christmas.

BUT, since this is ABR and since it is instrumental (because of which there are sure to be many face-melting ostinatos mixed in), I shall probably still give this a spin or two…. or nine….

• fusse says:

I think the reason why Americans are so sick of Christmas music is the fact that your commercial Christmas starts right after Halloween. 2 months of nonsense…

• Chandler A. says:

@fusse no commercial Christmas begins immediately following Black Friday :P

• Taylor C. says:

I understand why people get sick of Christmas music. Everyone I know hates it. But I start listening to it in October. I live in Florida. I hate hot weather. Cold temperatures are extremely special. xD

• TheArchangel says:

Yeah, I live in Canada…. so at least the cold, snowy Christmas songs have real meaning here.
      Singing about snow a month in advance sometimes ain’t so exciting….

• TylerS says:

Interestingly enough, when I get stressed at work I listen to Christmas music throughout the day. I’ve been listening to RK’s “Let is Snow…” every morning since July 25!

14. Chandler A. says:

Wish some tracks had vocals, but I also like the fact that it’s instrumental because it makes it socially acceptable Christmas music to play out loud and no one gets angry :]

15. oh yes, I will most certainly be listening to this. personally, I’m glad there’s no vocals.

16. Chandler A. says:

Love ‘Flurries’! stoked for the rest of this album!

17. BunnySlippersMan says:

…Did they resign with Solid State?

18. Len says:

I think this idea is genius.

Future Ideas For IVM: Album/Artist Database

Get your IVM clothing now!