Project 86 – Off the Grid

By Brandon J. on July-24-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

Project 86 – Off the Grid

Check out the new Project 86 song “Off the Grid” from “Wait for the Siren” right here at Alt Press. Hopefully they’ll be posting one of the more rock oriented tracks from the album soon. Yes, I have heard the whole thing many times and continue to spin it in my car. It’s an excellent release filled with unbridled aggression and subtle melody, enough to sooth the soul and inspire multiple plays. I love practically EVERY song on the album and think it stacks up well to past work such as “Drawing Black Lines”, “Truthless Heroes”, “Songs to Burn Bridges By”, etc. If you felt that “Picket Fence Cartel” and “Rival Factions” were a bit lacking, you’ll fall in love with these new songs over and over again. My expectations were personally low since I wasn’t the biggest fan of the last album plus the fact that this is a completely revamped lineup, but I was rewarded greatly upon listening to this new album from start to finish. It’s just a such a strong rock release with plenty of aggression and dare I say, melody. Plus some of the celtic influence/instruments make this a super unique Project 86 release. Anyway, I say go out and by this the minute it goes on sale and support the new and improved Project 86. It’s as if this band has had a reawakening and this is their fresh start. Go!

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

20 Responses to 'Project 86 – Off the Grid'

1. taborrr says:

Still not sure how I feel about this album. Only have had one listen, but nothing really stood out, besides some guest vocals.

2. Josh says:

I loved Rival Factions and And the Rest Will Follow, I think Randy Torres’ guitar work on both those albums was really well thought-out and unique, really helped set P86 apart from other post-hardcore etc bands. Hearing the new songs, I still hear and enjoy the intensity that Andrew always brings, but it just doesn’t feel the same.

3. Smacky X says:

“It’s different yet the same sound Project 86 has become known for.” Well said Brandon! I love the four tracks I’ve heard and “Off the Grid” may be my favorite of them. To me it bears much of the same vibe as “Picket Fence Cartel” which wasn’t my favorite Project 86 album, but this song is great! Lyrically, it reminds me of Thrice’s “The Earth Will Shake” and conjures up similar thoughts and pictures through the shared “prison” imagery…

4. JahWarriah says:

Is it just me or does this song remind anyone of the Rival Factions era? Not saying that’s a bad thing; in fact, I liked that album, and I like this song too, just not as much as the first 2 singles.

• Smacky X says:

I need to listen to the last couple albums. It definitely reminds me of other specific songs of theirs, but I don’t know what songs those are- haha. I was thinking “Picket Fence Cartel” but maybe it is “Rival Factions” that it is reminding me of(?)

5. MrM says:

One of the comments says it sounds like Blindside.. And actually I agree,does anyone else?

I’m really enjoying these songs so far. Definitely have this on my buy list!

7. Sounds like a weak version of Neon Horse.

8. Dave says:

Anyone go to the show in Denver last night? They streamed a pre-show acoustic set that was pretty sweet! They also started selling the new album at the show. Mad jealous, since I prob won’t get my kickstarter copy until 8/21!!!!!!!!!!