Write This Down Debut New Single

By JoshIVM on April-25-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

Write This Down Debut New Single

Write This Down have released the first single from their upcoming album, Lost Weekend, which releases June 5th. The track, titled “Crash And Burn” can be heard on Noisecreep. In other news the band will hit the road on “The Lost Weekend Tour” from June 23 – July 11 with Children 18:3, Red Morning Voyage and Harp & Lyre. Pre-order the album here.

15 Responses to 'Write This Down Debut New Single'

1. evan144 says:

nah…

2. MrM says:

Whoa… The “grittier” vocals were a bit of a shock, but it still sounds like Write This Down to me :) Screams before the last chorus were weak IMO though :/ Not their best, but still excited

3. Luke says:

I like it. It did make me think of Sum41 for some reason though…

4. Josh says:

First listen I didn’t like because I didn’t expect the gruff vocals, but once I got used to the change I enjoyed it. I’m really interested to hear their whole album.

Yeah the grittier vocals take some getting used to. It’s pretty good although not sure if it lives up to the potential set by their debut. We’ll see I guess when the album drops. :)

6. Sam says:

I never got around to listening to their self-titled, but this isn’t half-bad. I like how they got rid of some of the scenecore/generic emo tinges they used to have. I also like the new vocals: the cleans are grittier and less generic, and the screams sound more genuine and less like the same old metalcore growl that scenecore bands like to do to sound tough. And I especially like how the lyrics (what I could make out of them) seemed to be analyzing the rock music industry instead of the typical calling-out-a-backstabber anthem common in this genre.

7. drum_mer says:

Ya extremely similar to Sum 41. Didn’t expect it but i like it.

8. BigBillSmash says:

Pretty decent, but i hope they keep the deeper screams like on Renegade.

9. iSkelly87 says:

I really enjoyed that song. I hope most of the cd is like this. The first cd had its ups and downs for me.

10. David Green says:

This was alright… It was a lot different than I expected, but was still pretty good. I hope the album is better than this, and seeing as “Center of Attention” was the lead single off their debut (by far the worst song), hopefully this will be one of the weaker songs on the album. If not, it’s still alright… just not as good as “Renegade,” “Alarm the Alarm,” or “Redemption.”

Future Ideas For IVM: Album/Artist Database

Get your IVM clothing now!