As I Lay Dying and Bill Stevenson

By Brandon J. on April-16-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , | Share

As I Lay Dying and Bill Stevenson

As I Lay Dying will be entering the studio with famed punk rock producer, Bill Stevenson, next month. Bill Stevenson played drums for Black Flag and Descendants, and has produced albums for such acts as Rise Against, Nofx, No Use for a Name, Anti Flag, Casualties, Useless ID, The Bouncing Souls, Hot Water Music, The Swellers, and more. It’ll be interesting to see what “sound” this new AILD release has. I enjoy pretty much all the stuff that comes out of Blasting Room Studios.

I am 35 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and have no plans to quit anytime soon. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonivm ) View all posts by Brandon J.

26 Responses to 'As I Lay Dying and Bill Stevenson'

1. Brandon says:

This has me intrigued. I love the sound quality of most stuff coming from that studio/producer so I am hoping this will be an excellent release.

2. Logan Flaming says:

I don’t come from much of a old-school punk background so this is the first time I’ve heard of him. Judging from the list of bands he produced I think he’s a pretty cool choice to produce a metal record. I’m interested to hear what this will sound like…

3. Iaya97 says:

This could be very unique and good I think.

4. Kevin Fitz says:

This should prove interesting :)

5. taras91 says:

so stoked.

6. Creasy Bear says:

skeptical @ best for now…hope it’s not punk

7. Stevo says:

Creasy Bear, I’m with you on this one. I wasn’t a fan of the last 2 albums though. The Powerless Rise was a little underwhelming and let me down. Also, I HATE cover songs, so Decas was a bigger let down, and the newer songs they did just sounded like songs off The Powerless Rise. Nothing new (to me). I’ve listened to prolly 90% of all their songs, and The Powerless Rise prolly comes in 2nd to lowest for me…

8. Stevo says:

Please tell me what you’d like to hear in this new album.

9. Chris says:

As I Lay Dying has always had powerful, pummeling songs but there were too many desperate, whiny songs for me to buy the albums.

If this is a rawer, but still aggressive and fast-paced album, I may enjoy it.

Stevenson also produced Comeback Kid (yuck) and Side Walk Slam.

10. Taylor C. says:

I don’t care if they make a jazz album. The last thing I want is another release in the vein of Ocean and Powerless.

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+