Demon Hunter Track By Track With Ryan

By JoshIVM on April-11-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , , | Share

Demon Hunter Track By Track With Ryan

Demon Hunter vocalist, Ryan Clark, has a track-by-track discussion of True Defiance over at Alternative Press.

28 Responses to 'Demon Hunter Track By Track With Ryan'

1. Smacky X says:

Loved reading this- there’s some cool insights from Ryan. I wish I could get a track-by-track breakdown like this with all the albums I bought…

2. MrM says:

Although I never pay attention to instrumentals, they just bore me, I was actually impressed he talked about it, I the Breather didn’t on theirs I believe, so IMO that just makes the song filler

• Chandler A. says:

I agree. I can’t think of an purely instrumental track I like. Maybe like John Williams stuff haha

• Iaya97 says:

Not even off Josh Garrel’s latest?

• Logan Flaming says:

Explosions In The Sky?

• MrM says:

Nope. No instrumentals. I kind of liked “Immunity Vector” by Tourniquet, but that was the song that introduced me to them, so that’s why. Plus having the flute in a metal song is pretty cool. But other than that, the only thing I can think of to come close is Trivium’s “The Crusade”… But that one is because my friend and I switched iPods for a weekend and that was one of the only songs I appreciated on it… so again special circumstances, and instrumentals are not my thing. It’s 99% the vocals/lyrics that connect with me. It’s like interpretive dancing, some people love it and think it’s expressive… I have different opinions :p

• MrM says:

haha, Chandler, I just realized you posted about John Williams XD you make a good point… But I’m still gonna say if Demon Hunter and John Williams collaborated it would be much better than just John Williams XD Someone should do a mashup!

3. Sam says:

Yeah, it can be really cool to read stuff like this and get inside the artist’s head. Though with some artists, I think I’d rather not know. Sainthood Reps’ track-by-track really made it hard for me to enjoy their album.

4. This is cool, altho i wuda liked mor lyrical insite on the song meanins since metal has always been a form of music that has been hard 2 define/ interpret lyricaly 4 sum people.

• MrM says:

Yeah, I agree Phil, my most typical problem with it is being able to interpret as “Kill everyone” or “Praise Jesus” (an exaggeration, but a rough representation of how differently they can be interpreted)… And my biggest problem is it often comes across as “Kill everyone” XD Even though I know that’s not the case with Christian bands (or at least I hope it isn’t) it’s comforting to hear EXACTLY what the artist was thinking

• Taylor C. says:

The Deluxe Edition DVD has Ryan talking about each track in a lot of detail… from the lyrics themselves to basic info on his writing/composition process. If you want more lyrical insight, definitely check that out. Gets a little monotonous after a while, but there’s a few acoustic performances sprinkled in that make it more watchable.

• Ok, cool. I wil wach the dvd asap then.

• Tayla c,

I just saw the dvd+ yur corect. It gives alot mor insite on the lyrix.

5. Kevin Fitz says:

What Taylor said. I really liked this dvd because of how much detail he gave into what he writes first, how he writes, what it means ect ect.

6. Brandon says:

I didn’t find this at one of the Best Buys near my work so now I am just going to buy it off iTunes :( Thanks Best Buy…….

7. Kareem says:

I found the regular edition at Lifeway the day before it came out, then at Best Buy, Hot Topic, and FYE the day it came out. And FYE also had ONE copy of the deluxe edition…which I bought. So I have an extra unopened deluxe edition of True Defiance if anyone wants to buy it from me. ;)

8. Kareem says:

Well I’m serious about selling it. I’m not sure how I want to go about selling it though. Long story short, I ordered one online, but didn’t have the patience to wait when I found it at FYE before it arrived in the mail. So I bought it and figured I’d put the extra one on ebay after it’s all sold out in stores, and see how much people are willing to pay for it.