New Listener Album

By Carter Fraser on April-3-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

New Listener Album

“Talk music” band Listener started writing their follow up to 2010′s Wooden Heart today. Listener’s twitter posted, “Today is day one of making the new listener record. We are hashing out all are notes & songs & making a day of it. Here we grow again!”

About the author Carter Fraser

I'm a student originally from Arlington, TX, but currently residing in St. Louis, MO. I enjoy music, going to concerts, playing and watching baseball, working with my hands, fishing, art, Minecraft, and sleeping/eating/other necessary activities for life. Long walks on the beach are acceptable as well. View all posts by Carter Fraser

22 Responses to 'New Listener Album'

1. Taylor C. says:

I am so stoked for this. ( ゚ ヮ゚)

2. WarriorSam says:

Yeah really excited!

3. lostinnarnia says:

I love listener. Dan has an amazing mustache as well.

4. Tim says:

Cannot wait for this. Incredible music.

5. I’m curious how much/if at all he’ll shift away from the Wooden Heart sound. I’d love more “music” though Wooden Heart was still excellent regardless.

• Kurtis says:

More “music”? Do you mean more singing? Because there is “music” in every track on wooden heart I mean, it’s even called talk MUSIC for goodness sake… You must mean more singing and less spoken-word, right?

• not singing, I mean more melody. I think a lot of the songs are excellent poems per se, but a few times it just seems like the guitars are sort of dawdling along without adding as much as they could. La Dispute has this problem too in my opinion. mewithoutYou avoids this by incorporating more of a focus on the instrumentals and melody of it all (granted there are more “sung” lyrics, but you get the idea). I’m nitpicking and love Listener, but that’s the main thing I’d like to see change. even if he doesn’t adjust in those ways the new album will probably rule still.

• James says:

You see them live i kind of thought the same thing but then i saw them live with a drummer and it all came together perfectly proper rockin.

6. Andrew says:

yahoo! can’t wait!

7. falloneus says:

*Cough Listener is two people in one group cough*

I’m anticipating album of the year!

8. Briley says:

He played some songs from the new album in Ft. Worth last month and they were fantastic. I’d even consider it a step up from the last album. Cannot wait.<3

9. WarriorSam says:

He said it will be released in oktober! also on vinyl!

10. John says:

any news on this? havent heard anything about it in months.

11. yeah they kinda disappeared on us here, probably going to pull a future of forestry

12. Abe says:

Just picked up Wooden Heart over the weekend. Haven’t given it much of a listen yet, but I like what I hear so far.

Off topic…are these guys considered a “Christian” band?

Show some love and help us to survive!
Get your IVM clothing now!

CONNECT WITH US

IVM on BANDCAMPIVM on FacebookIVM on TwitterIVM YouTube ChannelIVM on LastFMIVM on Google+