Venia Calling it Quits

By Brandon J. on February-21-2012 | Filed under News | Tags : , , , , | Share

Venia Calling it Quits

It’s with unfortunate news that I have to announce, Venia is breaking up. A sad day indeed because I believe this band truly captured the energy, fury, and spirit of hardcore in their energetic furious blend of hardcore. This spirit filled hardcore band showed so much promise as was evidenced on their last 7″ release through Blood and Ink. A total bummer. Read the post below from the band. The band’s final show will be May 20th at The Beat in Minneapolis. [News from Dylanjffl]

“We are breaking up. Our final show ever will be May 20th @ The Beat in Minneapolis w/ Cold World. If you can make it out from wherever you are, please do .We would love as many friends to be there as possible. Thanks for everything.”

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

17 Responses to 'Venia Calling it Quits'

1. Most disappointing news I’ve heard since Debtor declining a Cornerstone appearance this year.

2. Smacky X says:

Sad news. Love these guys!

3. Andy K says:

Well that sucks. Great band. I’m glad I got the chance to see them live.

4. taborrr says:

Best hardcore band today. Will be missed dearly.

5. Justin says:

I keep seeing this everywhere. It makes me more and more sad. Stoked I get to see them at Stand together Fest. Who’s going?

6. Justin says:

7. sam30 says:

GUTTED. ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.

8. This is a sad day in hardcore history. These guys are the stuff legends are made of.

9. Kirk says:

Bummer aye!

10. stevo says:

This is tragic…Venia’s CONVICTIONS is one of the best HC-albums ever imo. They were the first spirit-filled HC-band ever that reminded me of the old xThrowdownx (“you don’t have to be blood…”) sound. It’s disappointing that – as far as I know – they never came to play shows in Europe either. On my way home tonight I will turn up the volume and if anyone could watch me as I shout “face the facts” I might have “just something in my eye”… :´-( Venia, you guys will be missed dearly! …Reunion in 5 years maybe?

11. mr. zer0 says:

Most garbage news since Call to Preserve hung it up…crap! Best of luck to the band members & God bless.

12. Dang, just saw this. We had a chance to play with them and call to preserve at the same show which was a blessing but this really stinks.

13. Len says:

CONVICTIONS was/still is… an awesome release, just.. so much to it. I love it.

14. Ben Enno says:

Bummer…major bummer…wow…That stinks…I know the guys in the band….That bites…the issues with going on a label and then…the end…in time…look at Mainstay…2 years and out…