Blessed by a Broken Heart – Forever

By Brandon J. on January-17-2012 | Filed under Music Videos | Tags : , , , , , , , , | Share

Video premiere for the track “Forever” by Blessed by a Broken Heart. Check it out below. “Feel the Power” is out next week on Tooth & Nail Records.

Press Release:

After much anticipation, rowdy shred-metal connoisseurs BLESSED BY A BROKEN HEART are nearly ready to drop Feel The Power, a pulse-raising, headbang-inducing, ’80s-influenced slab of fun, glam-tastic metal, that will hit stores a week from today – January 24 – from Tooth and Nail Records.

As one last bit of excitement for fans who can’t wait to feel Feel The Power’s power, the band is pleased to premiere the brand-new video for standout track “Forever.”

“The ‘Forever’ video was all about locations,” explains guitarist Sam Ryder. “Our director, Robbie Starbuck, totally came through on the desert location, such an epic backdrop and so much space. The last scene we shot was at a local dive bar. There was no faking here, we had the time of our freakin’ lives! Me and Tyler missed a load of our shots because we were singing NWA karaoke, but you know, duty calls. The locals loved it. We had our wrap party right there after the last scene. We left that bar after a few late night renditions of ‘It’s America,’ but our legacy lives on…”

“Forever” premiered as a single in December via Noisecreep and had fans buzzing across the internet. Now, with Feel The Power only a week away, anticipation of the new album is at a fever pitch. Adding to the excitement are early reviews of the album, praising the band’s ability to carve out its own niche while embracing the still-relevant, yet largely MIA, shred metal of the past.

What People Are Saying Early About ‘Feel The Power':
“[A] blend of DragonForce, Andrew W.K. and Avenged Sevenfold… the totally over-the-top ‘Holdin’ Back For Nothin” will absolutely explode mosh pits.” – Alternative Press

“Unabashedly retro… lots of fun” – Outburn

“High-octane hard rock.” – Noisecreep

“Feel The Power cascades the listener with nuclear energy and an overwhelming amount of sound” – Hopecore

The follow-up to the band’s celebrated 2008 album Pedal to the Metal (Century Media), Feel the Power sees the band shrugging off metalcore trappings in favor of something more heartfelt. “The whole band is still obsessed with the ’80s, and that’s bled into our lifestyles. It’s not just when we’re on tour: We all kind of dress ’80s; we still have mullets. It’s become part of our lives,” explains singer Tony Gambino.

With the album dropping next week, fans have one last chance to take advantage of a number of preorder options for the record:

Preorder Feel The Power:
Preorder CD + T-shirt
Preorder CD + T-shirt + Bumper Sticker + Huge wall poster

Formed in 2003 in Montreal, Canada, BBABH released its first album – All is Fair in Love And War – a year after its inception. 2008 saw the release of Pedal To The Metal on Century Media Records, which was followed by years of incessant touring throughout the US, UK, Europe, Japan and Australia alongside the likes of JUDAS PRIEST, A DAY TO REMEMBER, BRING ME THE HORIZON, MEGADETH, STEEL PANTHER and more.

Like any artist with a notable body of work, BLESSED has experienced a near constant evolution over the past eight years, in some part due to lineup changes, but mostly due to a stylistic progression away from pure metalcore in favor of more traditional metal and hard rock. One listen to Feel The Power will confirm that not only is this not the same band that recorded All Is Fair, but that that very fact is their saving grace. Staying ahead of the curve and distancing themselves from the pack is the key to BLESSED BY A BROKEN HEART’s longevity, and the reason the new album will resonate with even the most veteran headbangers.

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View my new personal blog here. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

19 Responses to 'Blessed by a Broken Heart – Forever'

1. fusse says:

again not available in my region :( oh well…

• silentthunder89 says:

I read on their facebook that they’re working on getting the issue resolved and the video unblocked. Hopefully they get it going for you!!

2. TheArchangel says:

Why is this album still a week away??

3. silentthunder89 says:

Great song, and great video! I think this video gives some good insight on just how hard it is on members of a full-time touring band and their relationships with the ones they love. SO STOKED for this to come out next week!!! XD

4. MrM says:

I love their music so much more when it isn’t about just partying and dancing (mostly because I can’t dance :’o haha) but I’ve loved both this and Deathwish a lot, pumped for this CD!

5. fusse says:

ooooh i want this album soooo baaaad. D:

6. Greg says:

Fun video and great song. I thing Blessed is on the verge of blowing up.

7. fusse says:

I was listening to the previews in the background and when it hit the track 7 i almost fell of my chair. i thought i was listening to spotify and an advertisement came on :D

8. NormireX says:

Havn’t had a chance to hear the whole album. I’ve only heard “Forever” and “Deathwish”, and I’m a little afraid that the album will be missing one of my favorite parts of the Pedal to the Metal album…….which was the the awesome 80’s drum synth fill-ins. I heard they also don’t really do any screaming on this album, which is a bit of a disappointment for me as well. I liked the mixture they had on Pedal to the Metal, honestly screaming or not I am just hoping for the drum synth fill-ins on the other songs. It really gave them a more unique sound imo.

• silentthunder89 says:

Oh don’t worry, there are still some synth fill-ins I think. And after listening to the samples on Amazon, I did hear some screams in there but I have a feeling you may be right that there won’t be as much. Call it the tooth and nail effect lol

9. NormireX says:

nvm I just checked out song clips on Amazon and the screaming is still there!, sadly I still did not hear any awesome synth drum fills

• fusse says:

I for one was a bit irritated by the synth drum fills when I first tried to get into that album – those were used too much. Later I’ve fallen in love with the album and the fills don’t bother me that much as I don’t care anymore :D

10. scott says:

Anyone know when the pre ordered itunes version comes out?

11. Saltine says:

Love the Stryper shirt the girl’s wearing at the beginning of the video!

12. Brandon says:

If I wanted to listen to an 80’s cover band, I’d rather just have the real thing ;) However, BBABH do write some catchy tunes and I am sure the album will have it’s fun moments for sure.

13. I’m a little late to this conversation…but who feels like they really are not showing their faith in this video? Does anyone besides me see anything wrong with it?

Exclusive: Jeremiah Daly Music Video Premiere