Indie Vision Music Presents: Punk Never Dies Vol. 1 – Free Digital Punk Rock Compilation

Download (Ad Free Mediafire)
(atm we are using these as our servers are coughing under the popularity of this DL)
Punk Never Dies Vol. 1 — File 1 (Mediafire Link)
Punk Never Dies Vol. 1 — File 2 (Mediafire Link)
Direct link on Mediafire
Download Punk Never Dies Vol. 2 (2013)

Listen: Mxpx “The Setting Sun”

Listen: Blood and Water “Traffic”

Listen: Dogwood “Homeland Insecurity”

Listen: Alakrity “Breathe Easy”

Listen: Eleventyseven “Wasted” (taken from the upcoming new album ‘Sugarfist’)

Listen: All at Risk “In This Place (It’s Never Been)”

Listen: The Way “Don’t Let it Die”

Listen: Craig’s Brother “The Insidious Lie”

Listen: Goodnight Wednesday “Oroku Saki”

Indie Vision Music proudly presents their first ever Punk Rock free digital compilation titled “Punk Never Dies Vol. 1″ launching for Free Today! This compilation is split into 2 files to make for easier downloading. The 2 files will start in alphabetical order so you must download the 2 files if you want to hear the entire thing (and every song/band). Each file is approximately 175MB.

I am so proud to be presenting bands as diverse as The Altar Billies, which feature legendary singer/songwriter/guitarist Mike Stand who helped inspire a whole generation of punk rockers with his time in The Altar Boys, to Mxpx who helped usher in a new era of “punk rock” in the 90′s that wasn’t afraid to have a good time and still wear “faith” on it’s sleeve, to Dogwood who singer Josh Kemble declared “My Faith in you will never die….” and on to a whole new crop of bands that will hopefully re-establish what it means to be punk rock and inspired by Faith, here in 2011. I encourage you to check out this free digital download (going live on November 1st), listen to all the songs, and finally visit all the bands on their social media sites listed below. Support these hard working bands by going to their shows, buying their merch, buying their albums, telling your friends about them, and spreading the word. Every little bit helps. Enjoy!

Band List in Alphabetical Order:
Absolved “Relentless Leathernecks” (Thumper Punk Records)
Addison “Hello/Goodbye”
After the Anthems “The Winding Road”
Alakrity “Breathe Easy”
All at Risk “In This Place (It’s Never Been)”
The Altar Billies “Hold On”
Arthur “You Bring Me to My Knees” (Mike, Tom, and Yuri of Mxpx)
Ballydowse “Immigrant Workers” *(unreleased demo)
belair. “We’ve Got It”
Blank Pages “Goodbye”
Blood and Water “Traffic” [Eden Records]
Chasing Morgan “Panda Song”
Covenant “That Love”
Craig’s Brother “Insidious Lie”
Divided by Friday [Hopeless Records] “Lost in Limbo”
Dogwood “Homeland Insecurity”
Eleventyseven “Wasted” (from the new album ‘Sugarfist’)
Empty Tomb “Freedom”
Everything Goes “Had to Happen”
False Idle “Land of Me” [Thumper Punk Records]
FBS “Consumed” [Rottweiler Records]
Fight to Remember “You Punk!”
Flatfoot 56 “Born for This” [Paper + Plastick]
Friends “Riding Down Hills Fast” [Blood & Ink Records]
From the Eyes of Servants “The Psalmist” [Red Cord Records]
Good Luck Varsity “Liars and Thieves”
Goodnight Wednesday “Oroku Saki” [Paper Mache Records]
Grace and Thieves “Reverse Philosophy” [Veritas Vinyl]
Grave Robber “Paranormal Activity” [Rottweiler Records]
Hanover Saints “Nailed to the Letter” [Rev Ink Merch]
Headnoise [Grrr Records] *new song
The Hoax “Just Run” [Thumper Punk Records]
An Honest Mistake “If I Told You This Was Real, Would You Believe Me”
A Hope for Tomorrow “Strung Out”
The King’s Kids “Hoisted Anchors” [Thumper Punk Records]
The Last Hope “New Exodus”
The Lonely Revolts “I Am Who I Am” [Thumper Punk Records]
Man Alive “Morningside” (2008)
Mason Summers “Battleflag”
Munson (Ex-Slick Shoes) “Lonely City Grounds”
Mxpx “One Step Further” (Left Coast Punk ep)
Mxpx “The Setting Sun” (2006 Rare Track)
Panic Manor “A Lifetime Left”
Philmont “Closer”
Praiser “Take Back What You’ve Lost” and “Force of the Entity” (Saviour Machine)
The Rekoning “I Believe”
Reminds Me of You “Falling Away”
Safe Haven “Easy”
Saint Hooligan “Spoil the Cynics”
Sam’s the Hero “In the Absence”
Same as Sunday “Roads Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Roads”
The Scurvies “Don’t Let Me Go”
Shakedown Boulevard “Bombs Over Broadway (Squad 5-0 Cover)” and “Face the Facts”
The Shiny Darks “Stab at Love”
Since Forever “Untitled”
SINS (Joseph Milligan of Anberlin) “Here & Gone”
Skyhawk Drive “Whisper” [Skies Fall Records]
The Social Threat “Stop Taking Lives”
The Sower and the Soils (Ex-Curbsquirrels) “The Good Soil”
True Liberty “Broken Dream” [Wounded Records]
Twotimer “Like I Said” *(unreleased demo)
The Unknowns “Get In, Let’s Go!” [Misconstrewed Records]
Unshackled “Ego” [Thumper Punk Records]
A View From The East Coast “Green Eyes”
Watashi Wa “Stories” *(unreleased song)
The Way “Don’t Let it Die” [Thumper Punk Records]
We Are Leo “Supernova Sunrise” [Skies Fall Records]
Witzend “I’ll Be Right There”
Worthwhile “Sixes to Sevens”
180 Out “Hey Hey Hey”
+Plus some special tracks thrown in for fun

Please visit our Facebook Event Page and stay updated on all the latest updates. You can also help us promote “Punk Never Dies Vol. 1″ by inviting all your friends to the event page and telling them about the compilation. You can also help us promote on twitter by using the hashtag #punkneverdies and @ivmusic in all your tweets regarding punk rock, Indie Vision Music, and our compilation.

Support Radio Station BrokenFM, they play music from “Punk Never Dies Vol. 1″, as well as songs from our other free compilations which you can download right here.

If you’d like to be a part of future “Punk Never Dies” Compilations and you are a faith based Punk/Pop-Punk band, please send your song(s), lyrics, and bio to indievisionmusic@cox.net

I am 36 years old living in Orange County, CA. with my wife, 2 children, and one teenager. I enjoy living a life for God, Family, Passionate music, the ocean, the mountains, gardening, and working in the Machining industry (Real Job). I founded this site in July of 2000 and love the community we have here. View LastFm profile here to see a list of my favorite bands. (Check me out on Twitter @brandonaaero) View all posts by Brandon J.

88 Responses to 'Punk Never Dies Vol. 1'

1. Georgie says:

Heck yes!!! I love COVENANT!!!

2. Yeshua says:

Holy crap. The new Blood and Water song is amazing. Can’t wait to hear the rest of the comp!

3. TylerM says:

You should partner with a cheap distribution partner like CD Baby ($35) and release this on all the popular music sites (iTunes, Amazon, Spotify) and donate the proceeds to a non-profit. The hardest part would be getting label support, but that is easy enough.

• Brandon says:

That’s a good idea but it would be very difficult on my end to try and get approval from some of the bands and their labels. Plus then I have to handle the money and make sure it gets distributed to the correct non-profit without people thinking I am holding on to it. It’s just easier to do things for free plus it really helps promote independent music. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

• Nicole says:

The hardest part is easy enough? lol

4. DT says:

Awesome, downloading now.

And everyone should also go here and download some music from Vincible for some more punk with a strong spiritual message:

5. Great stuff…good mix of old and new. Would love to see some of these guys make it over to Europe to play some shows.

6. LIT says:

can we ask for a download mirror? i’m not sure if it’s just my internet but i already tried twice, my download only reaches ’til 78-96 MB. i seem don’t get to finish the 175 MB file.
    thank you.

7. Chris White says:

I’m curious how the DL is working for others. So far, I’ve tried Dling it twice and it has stopped in the middle, giving me an invalid file. Comments?

8. Brandon says:

Attention everyone: We are having traffic issues relating to the number of people trying to download the files all at once. It is slowing the download speed and causing issues for some of you. I did test it yesterday on two computers and it downloaded perfect for me so I do know that it works. My suggestion is just to visit the site later in the day and try to download again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

9. schlottermann says:

Just finished downloading the first file. Worked fine for me. This is with Firefox in Ubuntu.

10. Nyx1974 says:

What?! Only 20 kB/s, server overload??

11. fusse says:

The post above has been updated with mediafire links and I hope we are back in business and no more broken downloads and server crashes!

12. gavin says:

WORTHWHILE is SOOO good! cant wait to pick up their latest ep on itunes!

13. KeithX says:

The MediaFire direct link is working fine. Took 11 minutes to download the files consecutively.

• fusse says:

And as of now it’s the only way to go… our switch to new servers at the beginning of the year was pretty perfect til this day – should we want to increase the capacity even more, we need a financial miracle :)

14. I LOVE this! It worked on Mediafire for me. :)))

15. Eko says:

woohoo, finally! congrats Brandon, this must have been a ton of work. can’t wait to listen.

16. Kaleb says:

The song by covenant is one of my favorite on the whole comp. So good. Is that chuck smith on the beginning of the track?

17. Brett says:

Good to hear Seraphs Coal on the comp!

18. Tyler says:

belair’s song is great! Been stuck in my head all day! Check them out.

19. Josh says:

Listening right now- great to hear there are so many punk songs still out there! Thanks Brandon for putting this on!

• Brandon says:

You are definitely welcome Josh. Thanks for your Dogwood contribution and all the great songs you’ve made over the years. Dogwood reunion please ;)

• fusse says:

yes. dogwood reunion please. my fav band of all time (along with Tourniquet). took me ages to get all the dogwood albums (when I was hunting them down a few years back) but I’m happy to have them all!

20. Tyler says:

Thank you so much for MxPx “The Setting Sun”!!!!!! I’ve been looking for that song for years!

21. Waited a day! But trying it again, can’t wait!

22. Preston Leigh says:

I have never heard of The Unknowns but I love that song you have on here by them.

23. Nyx1974 says:

Much better DL today!! Thx for the awesome sampler, been spreading the news on FB!

24. Kayla says:

Is there any way we can get this sampler outside of Mediafire?

25. mike says:

Saviour Machine cover? Sweet! :)

26. Thanks Brandon!

Covenant has a special place in my heart, but I and the wife were thrilled to hear Watashi Wa, Dogwood, and MxPx. The band that stood out most though was From the Eyes of Servants, great stuff.

Circa 2005

27. Allan Aguirre says:

So this is what they call “punk rock” in 2011? No thanks…

28. trey says:

Excellent compilation! Great job.

29. Wretched says:

Allan, you forgot to say,”Hey you kids… GET OFF MY LAWN!!!”

Ok, Allan and I probably agree that there’s some songs on here that we both have trouble calling PUNK, but there’s way more real punk on here to satisfy the title and the project as a whole.

• Allan Aguirre says:

“Allan, you forgot to say,’Hey you kids… GET OFF MY LAWN!!!’”

Hilarious! :)

• Brandon says:

“Punk” can be defined by different people in different ways. It’s all based on perceptions, backgrounds, and diy attitude. I think just the fact that this is a totally free digital compilation with no strings attached and featuring many struggling artists without label backing, is pretty punk rock if you ask me. PS- There probably are a couple of songs that wouldn’t fit the traditional tag of “punk” but as is the story with all genres, things change. Hey Allan, you should of sent me a Scatered Few track ;)

30. Shawn Browning says:

Any Punk Never Dies bands want to do the Christmas comp??

31. Hey Everyone, watch it!! I’m the “oldster” around here…I’m the only one who has the right to say “get off my lawn!!”…also “turn down that “dawg-gone music!!!”

32. David says:

Almost forgot about this. Got it downloaded and listening to it now.

33. mr. zer0 says:

This has to be one of the best things I’ve listened to in a long time, and I am including all my fav bands lately. BIG THANK YOU to the bands & IVM, this is just Gold.

34. BMer says:

the tracks i voted for:

Seraph’s Coal
    Worthwhile
    From the Eyes of Servants
    All at Risk
    A Hope for Tomorrow

35. WOW!!!!!!!! Awesome! I added a link to this on my site! We also have tons of other bands also! Check it out! Glory to God! /

36. Jeff says:

I’m not really big on the spiritual aspect of these bands, but it is good music. Thanks.

37. Brandon says:

Almost 4000 downloads (between mediafire and our website) so far of Punk Never Dies and still going strong.

38. Dj Wednesday here just saying THANK YOU BRANDON! for giving my band the opportunity to be on Punk Never Dies. We really appreciate it. It is really rad to be on a comp with bands like Dogwood, Mxpx, Craigs Brother…They are some of our punk rock hero’s. Furthermore, it is really rad to be on a comp with some of our new friends Grave Robber, and Head Noise. I would encourage all who read this to check them out as well as their other Grrr Records, and Rottweiler Records label mates. Thanks again and God Bless.–Dj.wed

39. Jake C says:

Is it me or are the lyrics to the Eleventyseven song a little suggestive of drinking and partying (“Everybody’s gettin’ wasted”)? If I’m wrong about what that’s about, tell me. I just think it’s an odd message from a Christian band. One of my favorite songs on here though, without a doubt.

40. Jake C says:

Is it me or are the lyrics to the Eleventyseven song a little suggestive of drinking and partying (“Everybody’s gettin’ wasted”)? If I’m wrong about what that’s about, tell me and I’ll take back what I said. I just think it’s an odd message from a Christian band. One of my favorite songs on here though, without a doubt.

41. Mark K says:

Good Luck Varsity (Liars & Thieves) & The Sower and the Soils (The Good Soil) are my two favorites off of this comp, and I had never heard of either of them before downloading this.
    I was excited to see Dogwood, Craig’s Brother and Watashi Wa on there too! I got the privilege of interviewing Watashi Wa on my radio show back in college, and it was a blast getting to meet them.
    Thanks for putting this together!

42. Sam says:

Fantastic comp! One thing I noticed that seemed kinda funny: the All at Risk song is fantastic, don’t get me wrong, but there wasn’t really anything “punk” about that particular song at all. But again, I’m really liking this compilation, good mix of pop punk and punk, this HAD to take a lot of time to get together.

43. Travis says:

Is there a poll anywhere of these songs?

44. jdski says:

An Honest Mistake’s cut on here is awesome. Makes me want more…

45. Reclaiming February says:

The Incomplete song was a delight. Of course, I already had it, but still.

46. Cactus says:

Just curious, how do I download it so it goes directly to Windows Media player?

• fusse says:

what now?

that’s not possible. the two files are archived in zip format which you can uncompress with windows and get all the music files out. then you can add them to your windows media player library or however you use it.

47. chase says:

where did you find the two timer recording?

48. Brandon J. says:

Thanks to Mxpx for sparking interest in this 2011 compilation. They tweeted and facebook posted links to this compilation because their rare unreleased track “The Setting Sun” appeared on Punk Never Dies. Thanks to Mxpx and all you new fans who have come to visit our site. Make sure you download Volume 2 for free and all our other great free music we are offering: